Automated Workflow to rename TV episodes after ripping?

GaiusOmnibus

GaiusOmnibus

Hi ,

i still have to face the task to rip  a total of 150-200 Dvd/Blu Ray/4K Blu Ray of TV series.

So far i use standard MKV end and up with Folder name (Series_season_disc nr) an insde title01, title 02 . etc then i start the video to finde out which of the episodes of the disk it is and the rename it with xxxSxxExx which take a hell lot of time.

So I am looking for a way to have that progress automated  so far i tried filebot (which is claimed to be THAT tool) but it s..  totaly.

Tried a folder with some CSI NY season 1  episodes from DVD (complete RIp) and one with Westworld season 3 episodes fom 4K uhd rip.

Tried several times , filebot found different episodes in 2-3 tries sometimes it found season 2 episodes in  the file from the CSI NY season 1 disc and Season 4 on the westworld season 3,

sometimes it showed the same episode 4 times on the disc (and that episode isnt even on the disc)

I thought that maybe the fact that all of those disc are from germany might lead to missanalyze but havent found somthing to change that.

How do you guyz hande the process of renaming the episodes? Since using a tool i have to check every file manualy after renaming them is pretty useless.

THX

Omni

Gilgamesh_48

I use two different apps for different, but similar, purposes. FileBot and Sonarr. I use Filebot for renaming groups of files and I have Sonarr set up to monitor a specific directory and rename and move anything that shows there into one of my Emby libraries.

It is, the way I have it working, about 98% effective and the few errors my system makes are easily findable and correctable.

I understand FileBot can be automated to do everything but I have not, yet, bothered to find out how. I kind of like the manual parts I have left in place. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to at least do part of the rip/rename/move task. 

BTW: With FileBot you can, within some constraints, rename an entire show (I just re-did "Gun Smoke" and, except for one "special," FileBot renamed the entire show in less than 5 minutes. (The renaming is very fast it is the moving files around that took me most of the time.) (I had to manually fix the special) 

There are a number of file renamers that do the same job. I use FileBot mainly because it is what I am familiar with. 

rbjtech

The problem is going to be the output from the rippers and the track selections you make from it.

From a list of 'track01, track02, track03' named files - you cannot realistically expect filebot or sonarr to get it 100% correct unless you give it a clue ;)

using filebot or a bulk renamer - replacing 'track' with 'showname s01e' will then give it all the info it needs(*) - once it has that, then it can get the metadata to name the epsiode fully, query the codecs and name accordingly etc. 

(*) this assumes that the track order on the disk, is the actual episode order .. sometimes it is not .. unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this...