iOS app says to Update Server

serawl01
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

serawl01

I have a mix of devices in my house I connect to Emby through their respective apps. When I try to connect from iOS or AppleTV, the apps tells me the "The Emby Server needs to be updated." From my 2 Roku TVs and Android TV I can connect without issue. I can also access from multiple web browsers from multiple devices, including from both Chrome and Safari on my iOS device. It's only my Apple devices that have the issue. Emby App version for iOS  is 2.2.15. Emby for AppleTV is 1.8.0. My server is Truenas Core 13.0-U6 and the Emby version on the server is 4.6.7.0 and says it's up-to-date. No combination of attempting to update/reboot/restart services any of the devices/server has worked. 

Unsure if related, but on my Emby dashboard, it reports a different IP address for In-Home (LAN) access that what it should be. It reports it's a 172 based IP, when my home network is 192. No idea where it's getting that IP address from, and unsure if related to the problem. None of my apps/devices will connect to that 172 IP anyways only 192. I only see the update message from the 192 address on my Apple apps. Figured I'd mention in case it might be related. 

serawl01

Hi Luke. In a good news/bad news situation I completely broke my install of Emby trying to update it. However I was able to install fresh and it installed 4.7.14 and has fixed my issues with Apple apps. 

I appreciate your help.

1 hour ago, serawl01 said:

Hi Luke. In a good news/bad news situation I completely broke my install of Emby trying to update it. However I was able to install fresh and it installed 4.7.14 and has fixed my issues with Apple apps. 

I appreciate your help.

Sorry to hear about that. What happened?

serawl01

Mostly just my ignorance. I setup this server and Emby a couple of years ago and then just let it run. The instructions I used from another post on here in my attempt to update the Emby version failed, probably because they weren't exactly right for my version of Truenas/Emby install. Not a big deal ultimately, once I remember how the basics of Truenas worked. All my data is untouched, just took a while to sync my libraries for the first time once I got Emby configured again. 

• Thanks 1