Questions about Emby Premier before purchasing

ItayT
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Hi there

I'm looking into switching to Emby from Jellyfin and so far everything looks great.

However, I have a few question before purchasing the lifetime subscription

Does the subscription grant me and all of my users full access to all apps including Android and Android TV?

And about Android offline downloads, is the content watchable through the app or does it just download the file like Jellyfin? If it is watchable through the app, will Emby mark it as watched when going back online?

Thanks

• Solution
GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, ItayT said:

Does the subscription grant me and all of my users full access to all apps including Android and Android TV?

It does. 

2 minutes ago, ItayT said:

And about Android offline downloads, is the content watchable through the app

It is. 

3 minutes ago, ItayT said:

If it is watchable through the app, will Emby mark it as watched when going back online?

It should. 

• Thanks 1

MBSki

The last one is a bit glitchy though. I've had watched status update when back online, but not always. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
Just now, MBSki said:

The last one is a bit glitchy though. I've had watched status update when back online, but not always. 

Hence "It should." instead of "It will." 😉

• Haha 2

pwhodges
4 hours ago, ItayT said:

It gives access for all clients to the server(s) to which the Premiere key is applied.

To be clear, it does not enable your clients to access other servers without Premiere.

Paul

• Thanks 1

darkassassin07

Your premier key can be applied to multiple servers however. Each device only counts as one device (for the purpose of premier device counting) regardless of the number of servers with the same key it connects to.

• Thanks 1