Unraid Emby not Transcoding with Intel GPU

cloud7
Go to solution Solved by jaycedk,

I just installed emby in a docker container on unraid. I also bought premiere and entered the license key. I think premiere is enabled but it's difficult to tell because I still see a green get premiere button:

image.thumb.png.286ed680fbde5b49ca049ffcd3c7b017.png

I used the official emby docker container from the unraid app library. The nas has an intel arc 750 inside it.  I followed this guide:

I also have a jellyfin container which was successfully using the arc gpu for transcoding.

I can't get emby to see the gpu though. Under transcoding in emby settings, I don't see any codec options when selecting advanced or yes. I would assume that is because it's not using my gpu. Checking intel_gpu_top in unraid terminal, I am not seeing any activity so it is indeed not using the gpu. I see high cpu usage too as an additional confirmation. I made sure to pass the gpu to the emby docker container by doing this part of the guide where you modify the emby container to add the gpu device:

Config Type          -> Device

Name                 -> /dev/dri

Value                -> /dev/dri

Description          -> Intel Quick Sync Video

Are there any tips as to what to do to troubleshoot this?

Edited by cloud7

That was the issue. 👍 I tried the official 4.8 beta container for unraid and the GPU transcoding icon appeared with CPU usage dropping back to normal. No other config changes were necessary aside from what that guide mentioned. Thanks!