Remote Access via Connect

TJ73

The logs I put on my SkyDrive were all i had from when I was trying to resolve it..

Strangely if I put the ACTUAL IP address in it would work? I could remote desktop with ddns address tho....

can you try the latest dev build? thanks.

I'll give it a shot in the morning, just off to bed!! Don't want to aggravate myself before snooze!

I'll give it a shot in the morning, just off to bed!! Don't want to aggravate myself before snooze!

Ok, thanks. It seems a little fluky only because there are no http requests in your log from the ddns. As if they never made it to the server at all, which makes it look like something different.

Overseer

I should add a little bit more to my post. This ran fine for me yesterday. My local account on the server is tied to my account here. I have the cloud by my name. I also verified the tie-in by clicking the link in the verification email. Was able to access my server on the road yesterday. I also created an account here yesterday for my son and he has a cloud by his name on the user page of the server and account was verified via the sent email. He was able to access yesterday as well.

Today, neither he nor I are able to log in with supplied credentials.

I need my Neil Diamond at work today. :P

Edited by Overseer

I don't want/need the connect functionality (i'm sure some do!)

My main issue is the breaking of my ddns connectivity. I've reverted to the release version and all is well.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the new server broke ddns connectivity??

I'd like to help solve the issue but I only have one PC now, replaced all my others with rokus..

I haven't really got time to keep switching servers...

I should add a little bit more to my post. This ran fine for me yesterday. My local account on the server is tied to my account here. I have the cloud by my name. I also verified the tie-in by clicking the link in the verification email. Was able to access my server on the road yesterday. I also created an account here yesterday for my son and he has a cloud by his name on the user page of the server and account was verified via the sent email. He was able to access yesterday as well.

Today, neither he nor I are able to log in with supplied credentials.

I need my Neil Diamond at work today. :P

Has the version of your server changed since yesterday?

Overseer

Ok, it's taking my log in now and I am brought to the server selection screen. Just gotta figure out why selecting my server doesn't go any further.

Woohoo, everything works. Neil Diamond to close out the work day. :)

I don't want/need the connect functionality (i'm sure some do!)

My main issue is the breaking of my ddns connectivity. I've reverted to the release version and all is well.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why the new server broke ddns connectivity??

I'd like to help solve the issue but I only have one PC now, replaced all my others with rokus..

I haven't really got time to keep switching servers...

Can you find the log from when the problem was occurring?

I will also iterate that this has become an issue for me, what logs would be needed to debug whats happening here if any ? When I opened it on my phone it had me still logged in from the last time and was working, I then manually logged out and tried to log back in and it is also throwing me that incorrect username and password error.

DGMayor

@@Luke,  Just out of curiosity, what is the reasoning behind not being able to configure plugin settings via app.mediabrowser.tv?  

"To configure this plugin please sign in to your local server directly"

@@Luke tried the dev build ddns worked as normal, so I retried the beta... which now works as normal?

no idea what happened there tbh... i'm back on beta though and possibly could use connect now although I don't need to so I might pass in-case anything goes wrong!!!

@@Luke tried the dev build ddns worked as normal, so I retried the beta... which now works as normal?

no idea what happened there tbh... i'm back on beta though and possibly could use connect now although I don't need to so I might pass in-case anything goes wrong!!!

Must have been user error :)

• Like 1

ok so ciosity got the better of me....

app.mediabrowser.tv won't load on my windows phone no matter how many times I refresh.

• 7 months later...
nonstatic

@@TJ73 I would be more than happy to help you "try" and figure out selective routing, I do have it working on my side, I use a heavily modified form of tomato, merlinwrt, on an asus ac56u, I do know that I've done pretty much the same thing with ddwrt. So... Question is could you give me a detailed description of your home network setup and just for information selective routing will most easily be accomplished through the router not through the pc.

Erm, sorry to revive this thread back from the dead @@Aeolius, but I'm very interested in how you do this.  I have the same model router as you and am also running Merlin's firmware, which recently added selective routing directy in the GUI (unless I'm misunderstanding 'policy routing' as being the same thing). 

I'm running my PIA VPN directly on the router, and would like to route Emby's traffic around the VPN as I can only getting as far as seeing that the server exists after logging in.  The server is running on a Windows machine which I've given a static local IP from the firmware GUI.

If you're still out there, would love to hear how you're making this work.

Edited by nonstatic