release of port 8096

supermood

supermood

hi even I know now (and I'm not an it guy..) that we cannot change the http port on a emby server installation with the emby app (no docker). I'm the network settings we have only the puplic ports. via ssh I was to stupid. I even managed to open the config file but it was read only so I couldn't change. 

does someone know why the xxx the port is still blocked for another installation (used is impossible?) after I deleted the emby app and restartet the nas. 

is that really possible?? 

any idea / help is much appreciated!!! 

supermood

a little help would be nice. 

I have to try jellyfin if you must know, emby doesn't run well on a zidoo z9x pro. for that I need the jellyfin server running which  impossible to install in parallel because it's also using 8098 and stopping the emby server wasn't enough - and removing obviously also not.

this all is really a bad joke 

supermood

and by the way. the idea is to install the jellyfin server and then change the port to something else because I've read that this is possible with jellyfin!

then run emby again in parallel, because for the other clients I'm happy with it. 

supermood

you've read my post? we are talking about the emby package from the syno community and all I see are the 2 puplic ports in the network settings. pls see also my screenshot.

there are some posts if you Google.. could be possible via ssh and super user and direct config file overwrite but not for me 

Screenshot_20231201_164956.jpg

On 11/30/2023 at 4:20 PM, supermood said:

any idea why the port is still not available? 

Did you try rebooting the nas?

supermood

does someone know why the xxx the port is still blocked for another installation (used is impossible?) after I deleted the emby app and restartet the nas.