Android client vs regular

Woken

So today I just received my new ryzen 9 pc to setup for my emby server and for the hell of it I tried playing a 4K movie on firestick using the android app instead of the regular emby app and it works perfect. I then downloaded emby app the regular one on firestick and again the 4K will not play on it, freezes up hard. What is different with the android app? I'm now considering sending the new pc I just bought back to amazon since 4K plays perfect now on the android app, no point spending $900 on a new pc if I don't need to. I wish I had tried this before hand and hopefully this will help others who are reading this.

21 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Hi Luke, I am all good now using the android client app I just wanted to know what the difference is in the two apps? Is the android app less bloated? Maybe needs less ram etc to run? Now that 4k works perfect maybe I should buy this life emby package instead of paying monthly like I have been for years. BTW how much is this life package now $99? thank you. @ebr

Also something else I was wondering, the converter built in emby does it take any quality away from the main video if I convert a movie with it? Thank you.

7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Our standard price for Lifetime Premiere is on our web site.

https://emby.media/premiere

Thanks.

Hi ebr, Thank you my friend.

Might just grab it tonight after wifey gets home or another day, Should be $249 for life membership imo but don't change it until I buy it lol.