Tizen Emby app menu shortcuts?

gogreenpower

gogreenpower

Hi Guys,

Sorry, not sure what you call these, but they used to update based on what I have been watching when I side loaded the app.

Now I've installed it from the store, they have never updated.

Any ideas on troubleshooting this?

20231130_220110.jpg

gogreenpower

Sorry for the delay.

So first I uninstalled the store version, and reinstalled. I lost all those old shortcuts. There was nothing above the app.

I watched a few series and movies over the last few days and nothing appeared.

Then installed the USB version and those shortcuts are back and update instantly.

The store app shortcuts also reappeared. I watched series through both apps and both updated the shortcuts.

I removed the USB version and the store version wouldn't load. I reinstalled the store version and there are no shortcuts.

I'm over the USB installs after the last few years so I'm happy to keep using the store version.

Can you try uninstalling both apps, then turn the power off on the tv for a few minutes, then try reinstalling the store app again?  I've found the preview shortcuts to be a bit finicky on other apps and they sometimes disappear for no reason.  They depend on background services that I think can get out of sync.  For some reason, I lost the Netflix preview for a month, then it came back only after I uninstalled a different app.

Are you definitely uninstalling it from the apps page, or are you just removing it from the Home section?

gogreenpower
6 hours ago, SamES said:

Are you definitely uninstalling it from the apps page, or are you just removing it from the Home section?

Definitely from the apps area. 

The only thing I haven't done is power off the TV after removal. 

I'll give that a go.

gogreenpower

I have tried the power cycle between removal and installation, no luck.

Samsung store app 1.4.8

Model: QA65Q70TAWXXY

I suppose at this stage it would be good to know if anyone else is seeing this issue with the store version of the app.

Edited by SamES

all4dom

I actually noticed that last week on my apple tv, roku & fire tv. I was watching tv downstairs, went upstairs & then watched tv before bed & on each device, continue watching was stuck on season 2 episode 3 & inwas way past that. I actually haven't noticed if I get that on my samsung but I'll check tonight.

8 hours ago, all4dom said:

I actually noticed that last week on my apple tv, roku & fire tv. I was watching tv downstairs, went upstairs & then watched tv before bed & on each device, continue watching was stuck on season 2 episode 3 & inwas way past that. I actually haven't noticed if I get that on my samsung but I'll check tonight.

All of those devices have different (native) ways of displaying preview data.  If you have stuck continue watching then that sounds like a different issue.  Can you please post details in a new thread to see if we can help?