Emby opens then goes back to Roku home screen.

BIGDAWG2013

pwhodges

What happens between it opening and then closing again?  Have you managed to get as far as linking the Emby app to your server yet?  Is your server working OK with other clients?

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

BIGDAWG2013

Thanks Paul,

I select Emby from my Roku menu, the Emby screen comes up with the spinning arrow, the Emby home page pops up for about 3 seconds then tales me back to the Roku home page.

Yes, I am connected to the server and have been able to watch since I set it up on the 28th of November.

Stan

5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Is this your server or someone else's?

What version of the Roku app is installed?

pwhodges
1 hour ago, BIGDAWG2013 said:

I am connected to the server and have been able to watch since I set it up on the 28th of November.

If you turn the server off and then try the Roku, does it ask where the server is, or does it still crash?

What model of Roku do you have?

Paul

pwhodges

No, I meant just stop the server program on the computer where it's running so it can't respond.  I want to see whether the Roku Emby app is crashing on its own, or only once it contacts the server.

Paul

@BIGDAWG2013Disregard the text in the post originally here. I neglected to see the below.

Yes, I am connected to the server and have been able to watch since I set it up on the 28th of November.

I should really read the first post of the threads before answering.. lol.

It is the Emby Home it is crashing on as your user is being auto logged in via remember me which is enabled in the app settings. That might be the cause. Your administrator user lacks a password and you login as administrator? There were migrations done in that area regarding the new login method on the server which requires passwords on admin users. The new Emby Beta might solve the problem as we did some bugfixes in that area and it is quite stable. It will be pushed to the Roku store very soon.

What version of Emby app are you using and which version of Emby server?

Edited by speechles

59 minutes ago, BIGDAWG2013 said:

Im running on VECHAIN but I don't know how to stop it.

Hi.  What is VECHAIN?

Please provide the version of the Emby app, not the Roku itself and then also the version of your server.

Thanks.

image.png.838b5c6be58a0250eedd64c93bb3aa0b.png

To find the version installed on your Roku move the cursor to the Emby app on the Roku homescreen and press the star * key. You won't be able to get the version from the Emby Roku app itself since it crashes.

28 minutes ago, BIGDAWG2013 said:

VECHAIN is the server I chose during setup.

Is this your own server?

If not, I am suspect you have a third party providing you content and using Emby as the backend? Are you paying them for this service?

I am not following entirely what is happening.