Marking episode vs full series as watched is not intuitive

cremonies

cremonies

It would be nice to know that the watched button is for the full series and not the episode when viewing the series page.

It displays the episode the user is currently on. But the "played" button marks the whole series. It's a little confusing.

Why not have a button here to mark the episode as played with an auto refresh to display the next episode?

Screenshot_20231129-204737.thumb.png.8b508abcb5c13065dc04fddc5d74b756.png

Screenshot_20231129-204910.png

Screenshot_20231129-204840.png

GrimReaper

Or have episode Title inside Play button, as you're on Series page - it is reasonable to assume/is desired behavior that Mark Played there applies to whole series. 

pwhodges

That would be helpful.  The current design of the series detail screen which gives top billing to the next episode to be watched is really quite confusing as it stands, I find, as it gives no indication of why that episode is highlighted; it needs something to say "next unwatched" or suchlike to make it immediately clear that it is not an episode details screen.  As it is I sometimes get lost, not sure which screen I'm on.

Paul

cremonies
8 hours ago, Luke said:

We could make it like the delete function where if you click it, it will ask you what to apply it to.

That is a great idea and could even apply to the seasons page. And leave the episode page the way it is. 

The other nice part would be if the page auto refreshed and showed the next episode after clicking watched.