Replaced bad Hard drive.

Goose48

Replaced bad hard drive.  New one was mirrored.  All Emby movies are in the movie windows.  But won't play.  Told to sign into server but won't let me.  Tried to download server app and it won't download.  How do I get Emby up and running on my new Hard Drive?

All Emby movies are in the movie windows.  But won't play. 

Hi there, what exactly happened when you tried to play?

Told to sign into server but won't let me.

Hi there, what exactly happened when you tried to sign in?

Tried to download server app and it won't download.

Hi there, what exactly happened when you tried to download it?

Everything on my computer with the new HD seems normal.  All the Emby movies appear in the computer window pane and they play normally.  I tried Emby on my smart tv and it won't connect.  I tried to manually select my server and I get ":There is an error processing the request.  Please try again later." 

As I mentioned the HD on my computer was going bad and I had to replace it with a new one.  The old HD was mirrored with the new HD.  All data was mirrored.  I tried to download a new Emby server from the net and it just keep loading, it never loaded.   I tired to see if the Emby server was still on the computer (with new HD) and I couldn't locate it.  Went to control panel programs and no Emby.  On the old HD computer window pane, the Emby app icon appeared in the task bar.  It is not there with the new HD computer window pane.  I was working with Windows 10 and now with the new HD, it's windows 11. 

I opened the Emby Dashboard and used the Host and LAN numbers and typed them into the server .  Still no connection between the server and TV.  I know there is a simple fix to this problem.  Can you help

Luke, can this be a Network and Internet Sharing problem.  I changed my Wifi modem a while back and had issues with connection between my computer and TV.  I was advised to  changed the Public and Private Discovery buttons  from the control panel and Emby was up and running.  Is this a possibility?

All the movies I installed using Emby appeared and worked by clicking on them on my computer only.  Everything appears normal.  Artwork, subject and loaded movies.  On the smart tv Emby will not open to the movies and goes to the select a server.  I tried to select my server on the smart tv, the white circle begins to rotate and eventually stops to ":There is an error processing the request.  Please try again later."  I tried re starting the computer, tried the dashboard for th Port and Lan numbers and looking at the deleting the server and starting all over.  Any suggestions? 

13 hours ago, Goose48 said:

Luke, can this be a Network and Internet Sharing problem.  I changed my Wifi modem a while back and had issues with connection between my computer and TV.  I was advised to  changed the Public and Private Discovery buttons  from the control panel and Emby was up and running.  Is this a possibility?

are you able to connect from any other device, such as a smart phone?

Sorry, phones and tablet do not connect.  I tried to open the Emby app today and it won't open.  I have to sign in.  Can't sign in.  Won't accept my password.   Tried to change and it won't let me.  This is becoming a mess.  Can I just delete the server and start over again?  

Forgot Password

The following file has been created on your server and contains instructions on how to proceed:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\passwordrese

Forgot Password

The following file has been created on your server and contains instructions on how to proceed:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\passwordreset.txt

Forgot Password

Password is now reset and my Emby works again on my computer.  Still no connection between the server and TVs.  Please advise.

Forgot Password

Forgot Password

Forgot Password

On 12/1/2023 at 10:31 AM, Goose48 said:

Password is now reset and my Emby works again on my computer.  Still no connection between the server and TVs.  Please advise.

Forgot Password

Forgot Password

Forgot Password

@Goose48where did you reset the password?

Also, what exactly happens with the TVs now? is it still the password error, or something else? Are you able to connect from a smartphone now?