Live TV, Guide, Displaying Channel Information and Date

JeremyR

JeremyR

When using the Guide there is a Setting for the first column where Date is shown in the top left and the list of channels names/placards is shown. I prefer to see both, but when I select both the column of channel names gets much smaller and the Date is changed to a icon. The date is extremely important when searching for shows, but showing both the title and placard makes reading the channels easier for me. Can the Channels Names columns be made to hold it's size so the date cell continues to display the date? This is the same for Web or Windows Theater.

Emby Live TV, Guide, 1st Column Setting, Title - 2023-11-27 110452.png

Emby Live TV, Guide, 1st Column Setting, Both - 2023-11-27 110452.png

• Agree 1

JeremyR

If you take a closer look, the cell height is the same in both, but the channel number ends up right next to the channel name making the column narrower. You need to put in a filler between the two to keep the same cell width.

Right the problem is that not everyone likes the extra wide channels, so it's trying to only use it when absolutely necessary.

• Agree 1

Spaceboy

thats odd, unless this is different on beta. on stable i see:

image.thumb.png.6f8cd2f9c1abde70e733f02c0fcfc1aa.png

i prefer being able to see the date at the top but i prefer the column as narrow as possible. i'm happy with just the logo

JeremyR

Spaceboy, yours is my desired outcome, though in mine the actual OTA channel number is displayed.  In mine the width of the column is the same when with title or logo, it's only when you select both that the column narrows. The standard width/height can accommodate channel #, Text Title, and logo.  

Luke, you've reversed the problem. With "both" the column gets so narrow the column header can't  contain the date and the settings symbol. This only affects column 1. If the column width was not narrowed the date could still be displayed and both logo and channel title would fit. This is not an uncommon problem with HTML Tables or whatever flavor you use. A pad between the channel # and Channel text would keep the second line long enough to display the column title in full.  

Edited by JeremyR

justinrh
On 11/27/2023 at 10:53 AM, JeremyR said:

there is a Setting for the first column where Date is shown in the top left and the list of channels names/placards is shown.

Where is this setting?  I don't see any setting related to the first column.

JeremyR

Justinrh,

If you look to the right of the date at the top of the channel column, you'll see three lines, click on those.

JeremyR
On 12/1/2023 at 7:15 PM, justinrh said:

Where is this setting?  I don't see any setting related to the first column.

If you look to the right of the date at the top of the channel column, you'll see three lines, click on those.

justinrh

Okay, I misunderstood.  However, I still can't figure out how to get the calendar icon - I always see the date text.

image.png.ae7f7ce0711045c633396cd2bc6696c4.png

JeremyR
11 hours ago, justinrh said:

Okay, I misunderstood.  However, I still can't figure out how to get the calendar icon - I always see the date text.

image.png.ae7f7ce0711045c633396cd2bc6696c4.png

When I select options next to the "day/time" and click "both" under the second dropdown list "Channel Display" then I get the calendar icon because the column is reformatted and the column is made too narrow. This is not a uncommon issue in HTML tables if you don't carefully control the repositioning of the elements. in this case instead of a larger spacing between the channel number and either Image or Title, you see a shorter distance between the channel number and Title. This generally requires building a special string to space the Channel number and Title to create a column of standard width long enough to display the Day/Time field correctly. It's a special case tweak.

Edited by JeremyR