TRUENAS SCALE: smb shared library & how to access from emby server

SPowe

Starting emby with checkmark for use the NAS Host Network:

image.png.63811b3c8e52d6fc1722f114661c858a.png

While adding a new library from a SMB share i had always the Problem, that i got an empty SMB selection after scanning for the network folder:

image.png.2a934fbe63a508d966a723dec22e84f6.png

After alot of tries I managed to get the smb shares at least listed in my emby server app.

At first i had to enable SMB1 support:

image.png.3742a93cabd51681c0df52c761fe2816.png

Then i had to enable guest access for the Samba share:

image.thumb.png.cd1793f788e09504017bc389482cad7a.png

And after that i had to enable anonymous smb access for nobody (recursively for every share):

image.png.973e3beaae8a4907ed4e94c11da5b4c0.pngimage.png.097c77a42628c486b5dcfa87f4d47321.png

To store the media files i have to give write access for user nobody (recursively) to my smb share. That leaves some questions:

Why do i have to enable SMB1 support ? Isn`t it obsolete? If it is disabled i cant see any (!) samba share in my home network - also not from other servers with other IPs. 

Why ist there no option in Emby Server to enter credentials for the shares ? Or am i too blind to see them?

Is this the way, how it shall be used or am i missing something? i dont like to expose my media files with write access... 

cheers

SP

Why do i have to enable SMB1 support ?

Emby Server 4.7 only supports SMB1. The upcoming 4.8 release will support SMB2 and 3.

Why ist there no option in Emby Server to enter credentials for the shares ?

This has been added in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

However, what you can do now with 4.7 is mount the SMB shares to a local path using the tools in the OS, and then access the local path in emby server. This is a better option than entering smb paths directly into emby server.

Hi Luke, thank your for the fast reply. 

Is this feature already in your current beta releases included?

When do you plan to release 4.8?

Hi, it's in the current 4.8 beta release, but please follow the testing area of the community to learn more. Thanks.