Option to overwrite subtitle file if new one is downloaded via client

pcunha

CONTEXT: Emby downloads subtitles automatically, (if not present) and that works great in general. However, in some cases, subtitles are out of sync (or are not good). So, I just download a new one from the client gui and confirm if the new file looks ok. If not, I just repeat the process. That process is fine, but Emby just adds new subtitle files (not replace them) for the same language that was already present. After watching the video, I have to manually go to the media folder and clean up subtitle files that were out of sync. Otherwise, next time Emby will show multiple 'English" subtitles (or whatever the language is), and I'll have to test them one by one to find the correct file.

REQUEST: Add an option to overwrite an existing subtitle file if you download a new subtitle from the client gui for a language that is already present. This would be more or less the same behavior we see with Kodi subtitle plugin.

Hi, yes it's not a bad idea. For now if it helps, you are able to delete subtitle files using the emby subtitle editor.