How to skip to next episode

all4dom

all4dom

I just purchased a new samsung tv & installed emby. I am liking emby much better on the samsung tv then my old roku but one thing I am having a hard time with is using alwxa to skip an episode & there is no play next episode in the media controller. My daughter is special needs & those 2 things we used a lot. So im.hoping maybe I'm doing something wrong. With voice commands it seems like all I can do is play & pause. Thanks.

all4dom

I find it hard to believe that i am the first person to bring that up but thanks for your help & thanks to @ebr& @Lukealso. I'm starting to think emby ia moephing into plex..... if it walks like a duck. Have a good night.

5 minutes ago, all4dom said:

I'm starting to think emby ia moephing into plex..... if it walks like a duck. Have a good night.

Why would you say that?

21 hours ago, all4dom said:

there is no play next episode in the media controller

Try using channel up/channel down on the remote control.  It should play next/previous episode.

• Like 1

all4dom

I figured that part out. I'm still trying to just get voice control tonwoek with skipping an episode & fast forward seems to work now. I was going to do a feature request for a play next episode but I don't even think I'm gonna bother. Thank you for your help though. 

7 hours ago, all4dom said:

I figured that part out. I'm still trying to just get voice control tonwoek with skipping an episode & fast forward seems to work now. I was going to do a feature request for a play next episode but I don't even think I'm gonna bother. Thank you for your help though. 

What model TV do you have?  Voice control hasn't been fully implemented yet, but it is on the list.

If you go to the main settings in the app and select Playback settings, set the hide transport bar to no, then the prev/next buttons will show.  No FR required.

image.thumb.png.e40fa8bf368c6b8ddb582d040fcca3b6.png

image.png.05936af18415067de67d8444d96b11cb.png

all4dom

OK that worked. Thank you so much. I never knew that & I'm guessing it was always enabled by default. I just git a samsung q80c as my main tv wasn't even smart & my roku box was on its way out. I really only used basic alexa commands for the roku so i was hoping to be able to do the same with the samsung. Again thank you for your help.

• Like 1