EMBY Docker umask 0022, cant delete movie

xxAmigoxx

xxAmigoxx

Hi,
I cant delete a movie from emby interface. and If I check the umask in the mounted media folder I see umask 0022. is this the reason? 

sargenthp

What are the file permissions and owner/group?  A umask of 0022 is typical.

Which Emby user are you using?  Does it have the rights to delete within its profile?  See the attached for one of my users that has zero delete rights.

Screenshot_20231126_070603_Emby.jpg

xxAmigoxx
3 hours ago, sargenthp said:

What are the file permissions and owner/group?  A umask of 0022 is typical.

Which Emby user are you using?  Does it have the rights to delete within its profile?  See the attached for one of my users that has zero delete rights.

Screenshot_20231126_070603_Emby.jpg

image.png.a6e8a79a2f585e4f219d37b734f0c5a0.png

I am using the admin EMBY account. all files are owner and created by the user whos uuid is  1000 and also owned by this user and group. Only one user involved. 

image.png.103a3e317f6d34e025dbd3bfaf9239e8.png

sargenthp

Is the UID 1000 for the user "emby", or is the user "emby" at least in the group that owns the file?

If not...  The user "emby" will only have read rights to the file as it would fall in the other permissions.

xxAmigoxx
8 minutes ago, sargenthp said:

Is the UID 1000 for the user "emby", or is the user "emby" at least in the group that owns the file?

If not...  The user "emby" will only have read rights to the file as it would fall in the other permissions.

from where is the user emby coming from? I see the user is "bin" in htop. emby is running as a user called "bin" 

image.png.bf186d157318e24d7038e63c643ba1f1.png

xxAmigoxx
1 minute ago, sargenthp said:

Hmmm...  Running as a stand-alone package install, snap/flatpak package, or container?

docker container

sargenthp

OK...  I will need to defer to someone else running as a container or the developers.  I am assuming you presented the folder to the Docker image, and I know there are flags to set the rights.

Here is another post that was having issues....  

• Like 1

xxAmigoxx
6 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Which container image are you using, official Emby or Linuxserver.io?

Fixed I was using PUID & GUID instead of PID GID,
what is the difference between these 2 tho?  the LSIO one and emby  provided one? Im using emby provided one 

Q-Droid
7 minutes ago, xxAmigoxx said:

Fixed I was using PUID & GUID instead of PID GID,
what is the difference between these 2 tho?  the LSIO one and emby  provided one? Im using emby provided one 

The run/compose options and environment variables are different between the two. Look at the run/compose details for each on Docker hub and you'll see the differences.

The thread posted by @sargenthp has what you need to get everything sorted. Basically was the same problem you had with details on how to fix all of it.