(Probably silly) Emby Connect question

Xyn

Hey everyone, just bought Premiere yesterday, so I've been doing a bit of testing and wanted to clarify something.

I've already setup my server with a reverse proxy that redirects https://emby.domain.com to my Emby container, setup my domain both as a WAN domain and a LAN one, and port 443 forwards to the reverse proxy, so that that address should work both inside and outside my network. I did all this before I knew Emby Connect was even a thing, as I have everything I host setup this way on different subdomains.

I set up Emby Connect mostly for the benefit of a friend, as I was assuming that he could create his own account, I could add his Emby Connect email to the account I created for him, and then when he tried to connect to my server, it would give him a randomly generated one time code or something the way it does when you want to login to a streaming service using your TV instead of having to type a password with the remote. Basically, I was trying to avoid having to give him the password for the local account I made for him, as I figured Emby Connect would just map them together if I added his Emby Connect account to his local account.

I've been testing it by logging out and back in with my phone and tablet from outside my home.

In actual practice, it seems like Emby Connect's only purpose is locating the server, and it looks like I still need to give him the password for the local account, as I'm still being prompted for the password for my local account after Emby Connect helps find the server. Since I know exactly what the URL of the server is, it seems Emby Connect doesn't contribute much for this use case. Am I understanding things correctly, or am I missing something?

Edited by Xyn

Hello Xyn,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team