Questions about my proxy configuration

loop11

List of things that were currently not working on Android TV APP.

Linux server latest Version 4.8.0.60 beta and also 5-6 versions previously BETA versions tried including stable non beta.

1.Manual download of subtitles from the Emby for Android TV app doesn't working, neither Amazon Fire TV 4k, neither Sony Android TV(Sony XR55X93JAEP),  SONY  kd-49xe8077 android TV or some Eon box Android TV, currently I cant check on Nvidia shield its in my office.

"error requesting download of subtitle" will be the exact error. Its tried on couple of previous versions also its tried on EMBY for Android.

2.  Resume, playlists, favorites, played/unplayed , doesn't work on Sony XR55X93JAEP Sony Android TV neither on SONY  kd-49xe8077 android TV, neither on  Eon box Android TV STB,

but its working on Amazon Fire tv 4k and Nvidia shield which are both android.  Its tried on couple of previous versions also its tried on EMBY for Android

3. Previously selected subtitle will not be remembered, and sorting settings will be back to default settings after every new restart on Sony XR55X93JAEP Sony Android TV same on  SONY  kd-49xe8077 android TV, and same  Eon box Android TV STB, in Emby for Android TV

and its working on Amazon Fire tv 4k and Nvidia shield.

Its tried on couple of previous versions of Emby for Android TV also its tried on EMBY for Android

Please could you fix this issues?

• Like 1

Just to add to the device list because its not android tv

Samsung Smart TV (QE65Q70AATXXH) Emby for Samsung 1.6.4 everything from above list is working.

• Like 1

Sorry I made mistake after inspecting again Nvidia shield and Amazon Fire TV stick I  also got errors on manually downloading subtitle with the same error "error requesting download of subtitle".

Also resume is not working on both devices.

Sorry for making 3 post I was not able to edit first post cant seems to find edit button.

My brother sent the log from the NVIDIA shield, Fire TV 4k max stick and Sony Android TV after unsuccessfully  tried to download subtitle. The error on all 3 devices is "error requesting download of subtitle" so you have it in the log as you instructed within emby app.

Please let me know did you located all 3 logs.

Hello it is not the playback problem, as I stated earlier the problem is in the error when downloading subtitles.

To  make it simple for you today we only started emby app on two devices (Nvidia shield and Sony TV) and sent logs through the app for you to analyze with only one activity and then we turn it off.

My brother user name is "rebekic".

Edited by loop11

Hi.  Are you running through a proxy of some sort?  There are some very strange errors in your logs and some urls I don't recognize as coming from the app properly.  It kind of looks like something is re-writing some of them or otherwise interfering.

You are getting things like 404s on progress reports to the server - like information is stripped out or modified.

Does the error occur on the search or the request to download?  Are you always trying to download the same subtitle?

If you do the same thing from the "..." button on the detail screen, does it have the same problem?

Search is working just when you tried to download subtitle from the list its showing the error.

At the same time from the same IP when I try to do that with web browser from desktop pc its working, and from Emby theater from PC its working and trying on same ip from Samsung Tizen TV its working.

I have found a lot of new bugs I will speak about them later when we fix this essential bugs.

6 hours ago, ebr said:

If you do the same thing from the "..." button on the detail screen, does it have the same problem?

Okay, this function is working fine for me in my testing.

Are you always testing with the same media item?  Same subtitle?  Same language?

Hi, so you're running the server on ubuntu? Does it have nginx or other reverse proxy software installed?

Are you using a VPN on either side (server/client) ?

2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  One more question - does the item you are testing with have multiple versions?

To be precise  what you were asking, if you are asking, are you trying movie or tv show with multiple versions of the same movie or  tv episodes which has same tv episode with couple versions, or if you are asking me, am I trying subtitle that has multiple versions of the same language?

In any case its a same for each scenario that I listed and vice versa, which means when only one subtitle is available for specific language, or when there is just one movie version, or when just one tv episode is available. Same error on the Android app.

There is one more bug that I will speak about when we fix this huge bugs, and its when emby auto download subtitles without stopping creating 20 or 30 versions of the same language , like each day it auto download subtitles of languages that you selected in options.

Also there are very bad bugs withe loading external subs but as I said its important that bugs from the first post is fixed and after that we can bring the other bugs.

Also there is a problem returning from the beta server version to the stable version, for some reasons you cant start it after dpkg -i emby-server-deb_4.7.14.0_amd64.deb, but for now lets just concentrate to downloading subs from the android apps, and for enabling sessions recording to be able to resume playback on the android apps, this is extreme bugs, other were just regular bugs.

subtitles.jpg

subtitle2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, so you're running the server on ubuntu? Does it have nginx or other reverse proxy software installed?

In case you missed this question.

It really looks like something in your environment must be re-writing or forwarding some requests incorrectly.

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes its ubuntu with nginx but no reverse proxy installed.

Just now, loop11 said:

Yes its ubuntu with nginx but no reverse proxy installed.

nginx is a reverse proxy. Have you tried comparing your nginx configuration to this: 

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

nginx is a reverse proxy. Have you tried comparing your nginx configuration to this: 

This poster stated this config is for windows users is there pure ubuntu config? Also I dont have CLOUDFLARE is there config example as purest as it could be for dedicated server without CLOUDFLARE for ubuntu environment that is working with emby server?

Edited by loop11

2 minutes ago, loop11 said:

This poster stated this config is for windows users is there pure ubuntu config?

It can be used on any nginx supported operating system, he just happens to be using windows. We point all nginx users to this setup as a reference, no matter what platform they're on.

On 11/29/2023 at 9:55 PM, Luke said:

It can be used on any nginx supported operating system, he just happens to be using windows. We point all nginx users to this setup as a reference, no matter what platform they're on.

After examining little bit closer recommended the ngnix.config, few things are huge security risk for example negating ngnix completely by opening hole for emby  "proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8096"