[tmdbid-xxxx] not working in the file name

Mayoko185
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Mayoko185

Hi Im finding that when you use [tmdbid-xxxx] in the file name emby does not use it for detection even though https://emby.media/support/articles/Movie-Naming.html says its supported. I tested and tried [tmdbid=xxxx] and that did work correctly but I use [tmdbid-xxxx] already for my movies and dont want to change everything to = instead of - as that would impact stuff outside emby.

Example server log when trying to add Hercules 2014 [tmdbid-184315], emby for some reason wanted to match it to the 1997 movie [tmdbid-11970], when I changed - to = it then matched it correctly.

embyserver.txt

• Solution

Hi, apologies. You'll need the 4.8 beta server for this. The doc was updated a little early. 4.7 supports using =, not -. 4.8 supports both.

Mayoko185

Any issues if were to upgrade to the beta and then later move to 4.8 when it goes stable or would I have to stay on a beta? The SO banned me from using "beta" stuff hah but if 4.8 is going to be released "soonish" i'm guessing its pretty stable already.

8 minutes ago, Mayoko185 said:

Any issues if were to upgrade to the beta and then later move to 4.8 when it goes stable or would I have to stay on a beta? The SO banned me from using "beta" stuff hah but if 4.8 is going to be released "soonish" i'm guessing its pretty stable already.

It is but given what you're saying you probably want to wait.