Server app error, be informed by email

Davey's

Davey's

It would be great if there was an option to automatically restart Emby on an error and generate an email with the complaint description.

I would like to recommend this

Hi.  What exactly do you mean by "restart Emby"?  An app or the server?

And on what error would we want to take such a drastic action?

Can you explain the issue you are having that you are trying to solve?

Thanks.

Davey's

I have to apologize a little here. Because a good, stable server application does not need to be restarted. and of course it's not called an app. But in my situation the application crashes quite often, so I would like to have the option to restart automatically in the event of such a crash and to be informed about this by email

16 hours ago, Davey's said:

I have to apologize a little here. Because a good, stable server application does not need to be restarted. and of course it's not called an app. But in my situation the application crashes quite often, so I would like to have the option to restart automatically in the event of such a crash and to be informed about this by email

If the program is actually crashing, then it would have no ability to restart itself - it has been shut down by the system.  So, such a function would have to be handled by an external entity or the environment itself.  However, that doesn't sound like a good solution to anything and could cause quite an issue if something were truly wrong - with the server constantly starting and shutting down.

So, we need to get to the bottom of your actual problem but, also, there are external tools you can use to constantly poll a service and tell you if it is up and even send you an email if it doesn't respond.  We use this to monitor our sites so that we know immediately if there is a problem.