Black screen on videos during playback but audio works?

gjames50

On 11/30/2020 at 6:58 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

I'm having this issue with remote users, transcoding auto bitrate. If they switch to a lower bitrate, they can see the video. You wanted a sample video file to test with. I'm attaching a link for one you can test with. https://drive.google.com/file/d/17joT95lrxyDHznqpatDZbM8oqKrevUyd/view?usp=sharing

I can keep this link up for a week or so.

• 1 month later...
gjames50
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

@gjames50are you still having an issue with this using the latest  update to Emby for Android?

Hello, its happening on Roku. Haven't seen it on Android. I replaced my Nvidia Quadro recently as it hadn't been working properly. VP9 apparently is awful with this and Emby. Even with this change that sample video still causes the weird issue. If I re-encode I believe it fixes it. But it shouldn't be doing it as technically the file is fine. Maybe there's no solution for this until the server release catches up with the beta improvements with hardware encoding. 

gjames50
18 hours ago, Luke said:

@gjames50

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

I will put this on the list of to-do items. However, the user I would need to test this is out of town, and I'll have to coordinate with them to recreate this on my server. 😞  These types of issues that I can't re-create locally are the most frustrating because I'm usually dealing with someone who lacks understanding of what I need them to do and finding a time we both have free to perform the task. So fingers crossed on this one.

Thank you BTW the support for Emby over the years has been fantastic and I really appreciate what you all do over there. The community is great also. Usually, projects like these lose steam over the years and they die on the vine. Emby has only improved both visually and on the backend over the years.

Have a great day!

J

• Thanks 2