Resume playback of TV series

YKEmbyMedia

YKEmbyMedia

Hi,

While watching TV series it is very annoying that playback resumes starts some point of previous unfinished episode or not watched episode instead of resuming from exactly same place I stopped. Those options that tell percentage of watched to consider watched make all this mess. Can you just disregard them and just resume from the place I stopped? Or just add a new option that overrides those 3 if they are use by anyone. It shouldn't matter whether i watched 1% or 99% - just resume playback.

YKEmbyMedia

Please see logs attached.

Scenario1:

1) I stopped watching yesterday BigBangTheory series on Season2, ep13.
2) Today I resumed the playback but stopped after some minute to log the problem.
3) I navigated to episode 15 or 16, can't remember now.
4) Played it for a few seconds and sopped. Exited the Emby client application,
5) Opened the app again and saw that resume playback is set back to episode 13, not the one that was playing.
Here I assume Emby just searches for the first available episode it "considers" unfinished and puts it for resume. And that can be episodes or even seasons back from what was actually watched.

Scenario2:
1) The movie "The Birdcage" has 2 versions: BD and WEB. BD version has 3 tracks: Ukrainian and 2 English(EAC3 and DTS).
2) I started watching BD version with track 2 (English EAC3), then stopped and switched to WEB version with only 1 audio track.
3) After a minute or two I paused a playback.
4) I made some business for about 10 min while my TV wend to screensaver mode showing some changing pictures on it, it wasn't turned off yet.
5) I woke it up and when presses Resume playback, instead of playing WEB version I was switched back to BD, and moreover 1 audio track (Ukrainian).
Here I think it takes into account my preferences in client app, where I set to play Ukrainian audio by default.

So I need that despite any defaults or settings, Resume should resume exactly what I watched, at that minute with track I picked earlier.

playback of TV collection resume.png

embyserver.txt embyserver-63836294400.txt embyserver-63836380799.txt embyserver-63836382784.txt embyserver-63836467200.txt hardware_detection-63836382858.txt

YKEmbyMedia
44 minutes ago, YKEmbyMedia said:

Please see logs attached.

Scenario1:

1) I stopped watching yesterday BigBangTheory series on Season2, ep13.
2) Today I resumed the playback but stopped after some minute to log the problem.
5) Opened the app again and saw that resume playback is set back to episode 13, not the one that was playing.
Here I assume Emby just searches for the first available episode it "considers" unfinished and puts it for resume. And that can be episodes or even seasons back from what was actually watched.

Scenario2:
1) The movie "The Birdcage" has 2 versions: BD and WEB. BD version has 3 tracks: Ukrainian and 2 English(EAC3 and DTS).
2) I started watching BD version with track 2 (English EAC3), then stopped and switched to WEB version with only 1 audio track.
3) After a minute or two I paused a playback.
4) I made some business for about 10 min while my TV wend to screensaver mode showing some changing pictures on it, it wasn't turned off yet.
5) I woke it up and when presses Resume playback, instead of playing WEB version I was switched back to BD, and moreover 1 audio track (Ukrainian).
Here I think it takes into account my preferences in client app, where I set to play Ukrainian audio by default.

So I need that despite any defaults or settings, Resume should resume exactly what I watched, at that minute with track I picked earlier.

playback of TV collection resume.png

embyserver.txt 134.81 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63836294400.txt 2.78 MB · 0 downloads embyserver-63836380799.txt 3 MB · 0 downloads embyserver-63836382784.txt 69.44 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63836467200.txt 952.06 kB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63836382858.txt 133.62 kB · 0 downloads

Additional log with debug turned on. Scenarios are the same.

embyserver (2).txt

Hi, it will suggest resuming episode 15 if you played it long enough to generate a resume point.  If you go to the detail screen of that episode, is there a resume button?

YKEmbyMedia
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it will suggest resuming episode 15 if you played it long enough to generate a resume point.  If you go to the detail screen of that episode, is there a resume button?

Yes, I can see Resume. And that is exactly the problem.

E.g. I yesterday was watching season 3, episode 2 when stopped and I can resume it if I go to that episode and press Resume. But on TV show page it says to resume Season 2, episode 17. Which is obviously not good and meaningless.

YKEmbyMedia
5 hours ago, DwayneFrank said:

If you can use movie watching applications that support skipping intros, it will be much more helpful

How does this relate to the issue described?

• 1 month later...
DwayneFrank
On 12/8/2023 at 4:16 PM, DwayneFrank said:

If you can use movie watching applications that support skipping intros, it will be much more helpful apkclasico.com

Or maybe don't use it and sign up for a premium package

• 3 weeks later...
Kamlatro_Pandro

Alternatively, consider abstaining from its use and opting to enroll in a premium package. This choice may provide enhanced features and benefits, elevating your experience to a more advanced and satisfying level.

YKEmbyMedia
1 minute ago, Kamlatro_Pandro said:

Alternatively, consider abstaining from its use and opting to enroll in a premium package. This choice may provide enhanced features and benefits, elevating your experience to a more advanced and satisfying level.

On 1/16/2024 at 6:57 AM, DwayneFrank said:

Or maybe don't use it and sign up for a premium package

Who are you people so hardly pushing premium package??

We work very hard on Emby and we thank you for your support.