Missing "back" control

csadoian

csadoian

Emby for Android 3.3.46, Live TV.  If you select a program from the guide and play it, the overlay does not show the "<" control in the upper left corner.  You have to use Android's "<" control to return to the guide.  However, if you select "Programs" from Live TV, then select a program and and play it, the "<" control IS displayed in the upper left hand corner.

I don't know if this was an intended change, but if it was I don't like it.  I prefer the Emby interface to be as consistent as possible across all clients.  On my Android tablet when a live TV channel is playing and I want to stop it I have to first swipe up from the bottom to bring up the hidden Android controls and then hit "<".  I would prefer to just tap the screen to bring up the overlay and hit "<" in the upper left corner.

By the way, this is with the Emby interface in "desktop" mode on my tablet and my Android phone.

csadoian

@LukeI am now seeing this happen on my Emby Theater for Windows (3.0.21) and Emby Theater for Linux (3.0.19) clients in addition to the Android client I reported originally.  I also see it when running Emby on a web browser in Windows and Linux (Google Chrome, in this case).  It DOES NOT occur in IOS on my iPad using the Emby app.  I haven't checked my iMac (yeah, I know, I have a lot of different computers ... I'm an IT guy).

One thing I should mention is that I have TWO Emby servers running.  My Emby-1 server is my production server, running 4.7.14.   I also have Emby-2 that is set up with the beta server, currently at 4.8.0.60.  While the two servers DO NOT share any libraries, I do freely switch between them using my clients.  Don't know if this would make any difference, but I'm mentioning it so you are aware of my setup.

Also, to be clear this ONLY happens if I select a program to play from the grid guide, and the display mode is DESKTOP.  I have not tried mobile/table or TV modes.

pwhodges

I have noticed the disappearance of the back-arrow as well, in two situations.

(1) in Emby Theatre for Desktop, it is omitted when it is redundant, I guess, because it would take me back to the home screen. I suppose that's logical, as I can use the home icon instead - but it doesn't feel natural to me when stepping back.

(2) in Emby Android, it is omitted everywhere.  I have my Android set up to use gestures on the button to close windows, so presumably it knows that (or something similar) - but again, not having the option of the visible back arrow feels unnatural to me.

Paul