Emby Server always shows photos in landscape mode

JMB365

Hello,

I am running Emby (Version 4.7.14.0) in RPi4 (Ubuntu 22.04 64bit).  I have several jpg photos stored which do not display in the correct orientation.  They are always shown in the landscape mode, and I have to tilt my head to view them meaningfilly.  I tried altering the EXIF data in the JPG file(s) using 'exiftool -orientation'; but regardless of the value stored within, it makes no difference to Emby.

gthumb on the otherhand works flawlessy, rotating the image per the EXIF value I have set it to using the exiftool.

I have tried using various devices to access the emby server (Android phones, SmartTVs, other Linux devices), but it is the same result in all.  So the problems seems to reside in how the emby server 'serves out' the jpg image.  I should clarify that this happens only with photos taken with older devices (cameras).  Photos taken with newer Android devices are displayed correctly.  So probably the EXIF orientation in these older jpg's are possibly not being read correctly.  Some insight on the implementation of emby EXIF (orientation values) would help me too to track down the source of the problem.

All other discussions on this forum seemed to be around video display, using the accelerometer input of smart phones/tablets, not plain photos.

Any help / suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Thank you very much.

JMB365

Edited by JMB365
Added additional info ...