I noticed a couple of weird behaviours with DLNA

3dbinCanada

3dbinCanada

The first problem goes like this. From my iphone, I select from a list of DLNA compatible devices listed on my iphone and chose AVR-1 in the room that I'm in. I select an album and hit play and AVR-1 turns on and starts playing at the preset volume configured on my AVR. I call that normal behaviour. The unusual part is if its already been playing, I fat finger the device connected to another DLNA device mistakenly like another AVR-2. AVR-2 starts playing at the volume set by its preset volume. However, if I return back to AVR-1, it comes back at full volume.  Why is that? 

The second problem is also strange. If I select pause on the Emby app, shutoff the AVR and close the Emby app, on the phone, the AVR turns back on and continues to play. Is their a setting that controls that? 

However, if I return back to AVR-1, it comes back at full volume.  Why is that? 

Hi, indeed that is strange because we never send any volume commands unless you use the volume controls, so I'm not quite sure.

If I select pause on the Emby app, shutoff the AVR and close the Emby app, on the phone, the AVR turns back on and continues to play. Is their a setting that controls that? 

If you use the stop button instead, how does that compare?

• 1 month later...