Website feature - notifications list no longer working for me

sfatula

sfatula

I have not received a single notification on the list since Nov 13, and, I do get emails for them, and yes it's turned on in notification settings. Has an update to the site been done?  @Abobader

sfatula

This one and every one since Nov 13. All threads I am following. Everything I have as a setting for notifications list. 

sfatula
1 hour ago, Abobader said:

Hi,

It working here, so you saying that when login here you not getting new notify at the bell icon?

Correct, though I don't log in (but did here on Safari on a different machine and different browser, still no new notifications). Been logged in for, oh, 5 years maybe? Got thousands of notifications, maybe more. Stopped Nov 13. Not one since, none for your message or any other message. This makes it difficult to find who responded to me where. I do not want to use email. No the settings have not been changed for notifications, same as always. Logged out in Chromium and back in, no change 

Attached is the list as it shows right now, having used view all notifications link, 3! That's all, lol, out of thousands. Not this message or anything since. 

Screenshot from 2023-11-22 17-06-08.png

Edited by sfatula

GrimReaper

Could you share a screenshot of your Notification settings (section "Other Settings" under Account Settings)? 

sfatula
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Could you share a screenshot of your Notification settings (section "Other Settings" under Account Settings)? 

Sure, has not changed in 5 years but here it is. And note, yes, I am following this thread and every other thread I comment in. 

image.png.46c4f5cfeee5a9c732d8b7ca0e557ff8.png

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, sfatula said:

Sure, has not changed in 5 years

Thanks, just wanted to check if maybe some forum software update borked it - but nothing apparent stands out in the frontend, guess it's a backend issue, you'll have to wait for @Abobader to revert if maybe he noticed something odd. 

• Like 1

sfatula

Ok, hope he can find something. I don't understand the poster that said it works for him, I've tried 3 machines, Safari, Brave, Chrome, Chromium, Firefox browsers. Maybe it's my user somehow. But something is messed up, and it's not browser cache either. 

GrimReaper

Out of curiosity, can you create another/new user and post here under that account to check whether you'll get notification icon upon post reply? 

My suggest for now, logout then clear the browser cache for emby community, and see if that help, if not, please post here so I can look to the issue.

PS: Your account is fine.

sfatula

I wasn't even logged in to 2 of those browsers, ever. But I started getting notifications a couple hours ago again, and I just read this. Something somewhere changed. So, it appears this is resolved now. 

Edited by sfatula
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
sfatula
On 11/22/2023 at 10:38 PM, Abobader said:

My suggest for now, logout then clear the browser cache for emby community, and see if that help, if not, please post here so I can look to the issue.

PS: Your account is fine.

Still have issues. One thread that has a lot of activity, esp lately is: @Abobader

I am following the thread, have been since the start. So, I decided to remove the follow and re-add it just in case it resolves it, it did not! Still no notifications other than email. 

7 hours ago, sfatula said:

Still have issues. One thread that has a lot of activity, esp lately is: @Abobader

I am following the thread, have been since the start. So, I decided to remove the follow and re-add it just in case it resolves it, it did not! Still no notifications other than email. 

Hi,

I edit it your notify settings, let me know if that fix the issue.

sfatula
8 hours ago, Abobader said:

Hi,

I edit it your notify settings, let me know if that fix the issue.

What did you edit?

12 hours ago, sfatula said:

What did you edit?

I disable email for notify for follow contents, if you click on the bell icon then chose notification settings you will do and look to the settings there.