Am I better off bypassing Tizen and using Chromecast? (4K Google TV)

Sparker

Sparker

Tizen is incredibly slow, just wondering if turning off all the smart functions of my Samsung Neo QLED QN90B and run it through the Googlecast? The Emby app is updated quicker on Android too eh?

What are people's experiences with that, and wonder if a dev can chime in if there is a benefit or not.

Sparker
1 hour ago, maegibbons said:

Get a Nvidia Shield.

I forgot to mention I do have an Nvidia Shield downstairs on my Philips OLED. I downgraded my Shield Pro (2019) to 8.2.3 :) 

This is about the bedroom TV :)

4 hours ago, Sparker said:

Tizen is incredibly slow, just wondering if turning off all the smart functions of my Samsung Neo QLED QN90B and run it through the Googlecast? The Emby app is updated quicker on Android too eh?

What are people's experiences with that, and wonder if a dev can chime in if there is a benefit or not.

I would have said the Tizen app is better as you can just use the TV remote and not worry about casting which is probably more useful for the bedroom TV.  Both options have their pros and cons, it just depends on what you specifically prefer as been the better feature.  You've mentioned that Tizen is (slow) - do you mean the TV is slow in general, or the app is particularly slow?  

I would just try both and decide which one you enjoy most!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
KOD

I use the Google TV 4K stick, but is has it's drawbacks. There is an annoying stutter when watching movies with emby. It seems Plex and Google TV 4K doesn't have this problem with f.e. 24fps movies. A workaround is to set "disable HW overlays" everytime after reboot of the stick. For the rest it works flawless with emby.