Hang up on installation - Wizard

chuckedwar

chuckedwar

This is an intimidating board because the computer knowledge is way over my head. But maybe this is such a common problem someone can answer it off their head. I have installed Emby server on my Mac computer (M3 chip, Sonoma) and the client on a Samsung smart TV. When I go to connect them, I am presented with a screen that asks for "Host" and gives you the option of typing in "192.168.1.100" or "https://myserver.com"'. (It is not entirely clear to me whether the latter option is intended to be replaced with my own server's name.) Then you are asked for "Port" and the default is "8096" Then you hit "Connect". At that point I get an error message: "Connection Failure: We're unable to connect to the selected server right  now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

Maybe there is a simple fix, like changing the port. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a refugee from Plex. At one time it worked in a half-assed fashion but now it does nothing but crash.

chuckedwar

I have a problem with installation. The wizard does not start automatically and when I type in the command to activate it, I get an error message.

Command: http://localhost:8096/web/wizardstart.html

Error message: Could not find file '/private/var/folders/g8/w6_fvf250z32lvs3xcc0z3fc0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/F1D207E3-BA0F-4516-9C59-3C54B3AD6544/d/EmbyServer.app/Contents/Resources/dashboard-ui/wizardstart.html'

The server software is running. I can't attach any logs because the ways described on your help page seem to depend on having a fully operational server software with a gui. I am computer illiterate, so I need hand-holding, although I am willing to learn.

I am a refugee from Plex, which is essentially nonfunctional for me. 

17 hours ago, chuckedwar said:

but I might have moved it to my Applications directory first.

Right, this step is key, along with all of the steps listed on the mac install page. But especially that.

chuckedwar

I don't know that I did anything different, but it looks like it worked this time. Now I'll have to see if my server and client can talk to each other. Thank you very much for your time and attention. It's really appreciated.

• Thanks 1

chuckedwar

My Emby software is up and running, and I can select and listen to my music with no endless buffering and no crashes. My long nightmare with Plex is finally over.

• Thanks 1