NVIDIA Shield Pro + macOS Permissions

EkoOne
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I recently got an NVIDIA Shield Pro and installed the Emby server (I was previously using a MacBook Pro as server and client). It seems to work nicely for the most part. I'm also using a 16 TB Lacie external drive that contains all of my media. When everything was plugged into the laptop I could add/delete files/folders from the external drive very quickly and easily without any permissions issues.

However, now with everything running through the Shield accessing the external drive via the laptop (either over wi-fi or ethernet) - besides being noticeably sluggish - is throwing permissions alerts when trying to delete folders from both the Emby client or directly via Finder.

"There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server. Please check that Emby Server has write access to the media folder and try again."

As Owner I have Read Write Execute  drwx 700 permissions. Group and Everyone have no access, and the ACL shows Full Control. When I try to change permissions the changes don't "stick" and reverts back to drwx 700.

Some folders I've been able to delete without issue via the Emby client (laptop) or Finder while others I can't get rid of no matter what I do.

Ideas?

Edited by EkoOne

• 2 weeks later...