Video stops randomly

castiger

castiger

Hi

Im having the following issue on my LG tv client

the media randomly freezes and stops playing ,no sign of buffering it just stops no warning. i simple back out of the screen and restart the media, it only seems to happen once or twice during the movie.

I am running Synology server Beta 4.8.0.59

The LG tv has the latest version of the app

Please see logs from the time when it last occured.

thnankyou

embyserver-63835914878.txt hardware_detection-63835915218.txt embyserver-63835915159.txt hardware_detection-63835914631.txt

On 11/21/2023 at 10:44 AM, castiger said:

Any idea why im not getting an FFmpeg log?

It's not necessarily a problem, I was just curious. Anyway are you still running into this?

castiger
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It's not necessarily a problem, I was just curious. Anyway are you still running into this?

Hi Luke 

yeah still happening randomly. 
did the logs I sent show up  any issues?
I’ve bought a google chrome tv today to try. To see if the LG app is the problem. 
will let you know. 

castiger

Hi

Not had issue on LG or google for a while so not too sure what’s going on. There has been one update on server since so maybe related ?  Will see how it goes. 

castiger

Hi

The issue is apparent in all bit rate files

and resolutions. 
I am currently experimenting with setting max bitrates as it was set on auto. To see if this solves the issue. Will update. 

• Thanks 1

castiger

Hi Luke 

I have tried different bitrate settings and no change to random pause. Happens on wireless or Ethernet. 
tonight it has happened on the google tv app. So it is now proven to be server related and not lg or android app.

is there any settings I can try server side. ? 

• 3 weeks later...
castiger

Hi

i I have done some testing and even though I reported issue on google device. I suspect this to be something different. 
The issue happened on all quality and bitrate sizes. 
I have now narrowed the issue down to my Ethernet port on the LG tv. If I run over Wi-Fi I get no issues. If I run over Ethernet connected via usb to Ethernet adapter I get no issues. I am continuing to use the Wi-Fi solution as I have a mesh node behind the TV so get very good connection. 
while this is frustrating. All is working now. The TV is still in warranty but proving the port is faulty would be impossible as it is so random. 
Thanks for your help

MavericK96

I'm pretty sure LG still uses 10/100 Ethernet on brand new TVs, so that might be why.  USB Gigabit adapter or Wi-Fi is going to be like 10x or more faster, potentially.