Issue Chromecasting on Android Tablet

mbseid

First off, I've been loving Emby and just signed for premiere.

Chromecast works normally for my media. After I download media for offline watching the next time I try to chromecast the media it fails saying the content is not supported. The default version selected is the downloaded version. I have to change the version to the regular file name version and then the chromecast works again. Is there any way to have this be set as the default when in chrome cast mode? I saw that default versions is a requested feature but this is more of a bug than a feature gap.

Thanks for the help.

Mike 

IMG_1281.png

HI, we don't currently support casting the downloaded media but this is planned for future updates. Thanks.

Thanks for the fast response. Not casting the downloaded content is ok. Emby should choose the version that will work which is the one on the server, not the downloaded version. Especially when the app is in chrome cast mode Emby could select the working default versus the broken one it does now.

Exciting to hear casting downloaded content is planned.

thanks,

mike

For additional context, my use case is that I use Emby on my phone both at home on chromecast and when traveling without internet. Because I'm traveling often I keep the whole library downloaded automatically which is an awesome feature. Ideally I could have the offline version downloaded and still chromecast that content while on wifi without manually selecting the version every time. 

thanks,

Mike