Move from beta to stable release issues

castiger

castiger

Hi

i hope someone can help me. 
I’m running the latest beta on dsm 7.2. I have decided to go back to the stable release. 
however I cannot delete the root system folder in appdata on the nas. I’m getting permission denied message in winSCP. 

I have verified I have all permissions enabled for the admin account. But cannot delete the folder and thus cannot install emby stable release. 
any ideas how I can get this done?

thanks

Alcyone7

Navigate to the control panel >> Shared Folder; select the Emby volume, edit and change the Name to something else (Emby.backup).  This will cause the system to create a new share when Emby is installed.  It will trash all of the data, but seems going back to the stable channel is pretty much what you wanted to do.  

You can also delete the entire shared folder if you are happy to lose all of the data.

FrostByte
2 hours ago, castiger said:

Hi

i hope someone can help me. 
I’m running the latest beta on dsm 7.2. I have decided to go back to the stable release. 
however I cannot delete the root system folder in appdata on the nas. I’m getting permission denied message in winSCP. 

I have verified I have all permissions enabled for the admin account. But cannot delete the folder and thus cannot install emby stable release. 
any ideas how I can get this done?

thanks

You need to sudo in WinSCP while logged in with your Admin account.  The Admin account by itself does not have delete permissions in that location.

Also, why not just load 4.8 stable when it comes out?  You will no longer be on beta then and you wouldn't be falling back as long as you didn't load any 4.9 betas.

Edit: 4.8 stable is supposed to be out next month I believe.

Edited by FrostByte

castiger
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, why have you decided to do that?

Hi

i have an issue on LG tv client where the playing media randomly freezers them will restart after a few seconds.  It buffering as I get nothing visually on the screen. So I thought I’d try the stable release. To see if it was related to the  betas. 

castiger
18 hours ago, Alcyone7 said:

Navigate to the control panel >> Shared Folder; select the Emby volume, edit and change the Name to something else (Emby.backup).  This will cause the system to create a new share when Emby is installed.  It will trash all of the data, but seems going back to the stable channel is pretty much what you wanted to do.  

You can also delete the entire shared folder if you are happy to lose all of the data.

That scares me to death! " Trash all of my data" too risky that one! thanks anyway