Austor 4 bay Nas 1104T

russman547

russman547

Hello 

Wanting to purchase  the Austor 4 bay Nas 1104T.  Does it support Hardware transcoding of 4k video to 1080p? the same goes for DTS-MA to sonthing 5.1?  lots of these Nas say transcoding but many are software or there own apps for being able to trans 4K

Thanks

Russ

It should work.  The 1GB of RAM seems a bit anemic to me, though.  That said, I'd recommend one with an Intel processor.  This is from the review Luke posted:

Plex support is a tremendous advantage, but it is restricted to 1080p without any hardware transcoding since the weak CPU is not up to the task. Like the AS3304T, Media Mode will help since it reserves memory for multimedia tasks, but ADM is more memory-hungry than DSM. If you try to transcode a 1080p file, the NAS will reach its limits. As such, you are best off sticking to the original file format, not only with Plex but also LooksGood, an Asustor application for playing and managing videos.

You can pretty much assume Emby will be a similar experience to Plex.

I have the AS5304T and it works great.  It also supports up to 16GB of RAM, which is user serviceable.  Of course, the extra horsepower comes at a price.

• Thanks 1