Transcode quits with "[q] command received" before playback starts.

Hoptional

Hoptional

Hi,
I have a problem with a couple of episodes in a particular season of a show.

When I try to start playing them in the browser, the stream never starts to play but quits after a few seconds of loading with the message "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." If I try it a couple of times I get an error saying that I exceeded my streaming limit (I have set the number of simultaneous streams for my user to two).

In the logs (attached), I can see that ffmpeg receives a quit command [q]. The server log then shows a FileNotFound exception, probably because the transcode session doesn't exist anymore, but I do not understand why the transcode would just quit. I have also tried with hardware transcoding disabled but that didn't make any difference. A different episode that shows the same media info except for a slightly lower bitrate) works perfectly. Directl play, for example in the android app, works fine as well.

Here is a screenshot of the media info:
image.png.4ed2c6e71fcf2130264bc07d21ba87bb.png

ffmpeg-transcode-7a567c36-07b2-45ff-8b9e-fce49747c97b_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-7648984d-9cfd-4db4-987a-fc7b7c93f0db_1.txt embyserver.txt

Hoptional

I realized that this is not a server issue but an issue with the web app. Please close / delete this thread, I have made a new post with updated information in the appropriate subforum:

I apologize for the confusion.

Edited by Hoptional
  • Thanks 1