Play from beginning not showing on new server setup.

AKSkinz

I'm in the process of moving to new hardware as my old box is on its last legs. I'm running the latest release (Version 4.7.14.0) for Windows on both Win10 machines and accessing them from a Nvidia Shield device (also tried an Onn.tv box). While connected to my old setup, when I go to start to watch the news after it started recording for 15 minutes and it will display "Play from beginning" when I bring it up in the guide to play it.

playfrombeginningthere.png.30cbba0e8197ca710d9c194a1787a31e.png

But when I change to my new setup it doesn't display that option, it's just missing. Is there a certain setting on the server that will allow this? Or is it controlled via the Android TV app although I would think the settings would be the same and they seemed to be when I reviewed them. The pic above isn't a pic from today as I didn't have a chance to grab one when it happened. It is just strange that it works on the old one but not the new.

It's the same as the one above minus the button to play from beginning. Here's what is currently recording but no Play fro button.PXL_20231117_191221722.thumb.jpg.b45de1c01f8d5bf7814ce6d876899889.jpg

@LukeCan you tell me what causes play from beginning to be displayed? 2 recordings running now. I have an episode of the news with it displayed:

PXL_20231118_032346299.thumb.jpg.ff4b900232f93acb5ac36d18c5c5c923.jpg

but another recording (20/20) doesn't show it:

PXL_20231118_032359963.thumb.jpg.c1af1a465ba6c7929d2594ff9ad8e74a.jpg

Can you answer the question of what causes the app to display the play from beginning prompt? I'm noticing that it may be channel specific as it seems anything on channel 5 doesn't display it but channel 7 does.

PXL_20231119_140518594.thumb.jpg.a6b6c3ab0b05a3020d1c4889a8d2a770.jpg

PXL_20231119_140537545.thumb.jpg.2c4c13c066222ab670aa526d4984a1ae.jpg

34 minutes ago, AKSkinz said:

Can you answer the question of what causes the app to display the play from beginning prompt?

The existence of the recording as an item in  your actual library.  If the app can find it, it allows you to play that file instead of just opening the live stream.

Well, that doesn't make any sense as it's recording them both at the same time and they both exist in the library.

I don't have 2 recordings at the moment but will grab screenshots the next time it happens. I had 4 recording going yesterday afternoon and the "Play from" button was missing on 1 of the 4. They were all displayed as active on the home screen. 

On 11/21/2023 at 11:07 AM, AKSkinz said:

Which of the apps other than the Android TV app actually support this feature?

That's the only one. We can look at adding it to more apps. Thanks.

On 11/18/2023 at 2:18 PM, Luke said:

Hi, that's strange. How does the web app compare?

I thought from this question that the web app supported it as you asked if I saw the issue of 1 of the 2 recordings only displaying the button.

8 minutes ago, AKSkinz said:

I thought from this question that the web app supported it as you asked if I saw the issue of 1 of the 2 recordings only displaying the button.

Yes, sorry, my mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also noticed that the play from beginning button is missing (seemingly randomly) on mine as well.  Playing movies through the web app and also playing through the Roku app.

2 hours ago, Grimmer said:

I have also noticed that the play from beginning button is missing (seemingly randomly) on mine as well.  Playing movies through the web app and also playing through the Roku app.

Hi there, where are you looking for it? Why do you think it's missing?

This is where it is missing:image.thumb.png.ac80691f89300fb7020a76117a1f6cde.png

vs. when it is present:

image.thumb.png.e4b894da9f5f2b7938f2c3278766adb8.png

In the process of searching for examples, I think I figured out what is making it appear vs disappear (for me at least).  When the width of the window is too small, the "Play From Beginning" button is off-loaded to the three dot menu.

I tried to play from chapter 1 as a workaround, but most of the time it would just resume even though I clicked on "chapter 1".

HI, yes that is correct. At lower resolutions you have to access it from the 3-dot menu. Those buttons can look rather ugly if they have to wrap to a second line, so it's trying to avoid that.