WMC gui menu: vertically round

Peter Nent

Peter Nent

Looking to the original MCE, the main menu is verically round: it is possible if you are at the top, to click on an arrow to go to the bottom in one click. Also at the bottom, it is possble to click on an arrow to go to the upper-side in one click: 'vertically round'...?

image.png.dc87cb4717ba615cb1151ad9e4eec751.png

image.png.b8126fbb50e145a348f9a5086bf8d928.png

As the traditional Emby gui is not using the MCE vertical+horizontal 'cross' UI (is that correct term for this MCE ui part?), it is probably currently not jet possible in the WMC gui interface ....?

Try to make it as good as MCE and implement this matter in WMC gui, please.

Thanks & best regards, Peter

Edited by Peter Nent
  • Agree 3

Junglejim
1 hour ago, Peter Nent said:

Looking to the original MCE, the main menu is verically round: it is possible if you are at the top, to click on an arrow to go to the bottom in one click. Also at the bottom, it is possble to click on an arrow to go to the upper-side in one click: 'vertically round'...?

image.png.dc87cb4717ba615cb1151ad9e4eec751.png

image.png.b8126fbb50e145a348f9a5086bf8d928.png

As the traditional Emby gui is not using the MCE vertical+horizontal 'cross' UI (is that correct term for this MCE ui part?), it is probably currently not jet possible in the WMC gui interface ....?

Try to make it as good as MCE and implement this matter in WMC gui, please.

Thanks & best regards, Peter

Yeah I agree, the wrap list feature (vertical or horizontal) would be a nice addition. I think emby core would have to facilitate that though. ;)

• Like 1

I think this is called "roll-over".

The problem here is that I didn't have a team for this, and so I had to cook with the ingredients we already have, and to enable rollover in this view it would require a fundamentally different approach. The dev time is not the only aspect, though. Even more important is not to accumulate a large amount of technical debt, because the more this would deviate from the main application code, the harder would it be to merge it into the core code eventually. This in turn, would put the future of this at risk and I do not want that to happen. 

That's why it has always been the primary paradigm to achieve as much as possible while keeping aligned and in sync with the main code at the same time. At the moment, there's quite a long list of differences, but the vast majority of them is minor. But these still need to be integrated, one after another. Once that is done, we'll have a very different picture, i.e. a code base which handles WMC UI and regular themes and there will be a 4 or 5 areas remaining where the code is split and specific implementations exist. But we need to get there first, before adding more deviations. 

What's realistic though, is to get those arrows shown at the edges of lists when using the mouse. That functionality already exists and needs just some adaption and styling to show the right (original) visual elements.