Video with multiple audio track and delay

nodiaque

nodiaque

Hello,

I have a series that are dual audio. I notice that if I start with the first track, no problem. But if I start with the second track, there's a delay before audio start to play. Looking at the file in media info, I found out both track have a -7ms in delay.

image.png.f5f5d2af45ebbd28a404f0b2284bebf8.png

It says ms but it cleary wait 7 second when I select the second soundtrack either during playback or before playback.

I though maybe it was the japanese sound track that had issue so I switched the order and the delay in playback stayed with the track #2 (whatever track it was). So after about 7 seconds, the only start and is not delayed (it's not like it was waiting 7 seconds before starting to play audio and then you have 7 delay on the audio, it's just muted for about 7 seconds). Also, there's audio for about 1ms when you switch/start with track #2.

File here: https://servraid.duckdns.org/temp/S01E09.mkv

Emby for LG 1.0.39

Emby docker 4.7.14.0 with Quadro RTX 4000 acceleration

Unraid 6.11.5

Direct play on all stream

Thank you

nodiaque

Here are the missing log files and the link for the file in the log file (not the same as linked on original post)

https://servraid.duckdns.org/temp/S01E10.mkv

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63835680458.txt

With this file, I only got the problem when I start playback with the japanese track (2nd track). If I switch during playback, so far haven't reproduce that issue so might be an isolate case. @SamES

• 3 weeks later...
nodiaque

Hello, it's for any file with delay like this. Right now what I do is start in English and after 1 sec switch to the other track. I'll check if it's still doing it. 

• Thanks 1

This isn't an issue that I've heard of previously with other users.  Let us know how your testing goes.

nodiaque

issue still persist. If I select the second track and both track (unsure if only one) have a delay value, the sound start when you launch, then it stop and start after a while

Can you please share a sample file with me via PM so I can test?  You’re the only person I’m aware of that has reported this issue and I can’t reproduce it with my files. 

8 minutes ago, nodiaque said:

There's a sample file in first post. 

Found it. I have a funny felling that I already tested this when you posted it. I will try again tonight to be sure as I’ve tested lots of files. 

Sorry, I can't locate my copy of the file, and the download link isn't working now.  Could you please upload the file again?  Thanks

35 minutes ago, nodiaque said:

My bad didn't see I removed the file. Link work now 

Sorry, the link is still giving an error

On 09/12/2023 at 01:13, nodiaque said:

I sent you a PM. I think it's my firewall that block you. Might need your region or IP to check why it's blocked.

I've got them now, thanks.

However, I cannot reproduce this on any of my devices.  No matter which audio track I select, either before or during playback, I immediately get audio and I have no delay in sound and no sync issues.  I don't have a 2018 model

I'm assuming your TV and server are on the same local network, and have you confirmed with the Stats for Nerds feature during playback that in all cases it is DirectPlay?  If all this is true, then I have nothing else to suggest.  I really don't think it's an issue related to the 7ms delay, I suspect that is just a coincidence.   Does the TV have the latest firmware?  

When the 4.8 server version eventually goes to release then you can see if there is any improvement, but I doubt it if it is DirectPlay as all the playback happens in the TV. The server doesn't really do anything except decide if it needs to transcode or not.

nodiaque

Yes it's all on direct play. It's only happening with this series I have. All my other doesn't do that even with dual audio. 

I do have another issue already opened where when it's not the default soundtrack selected for playback and its not the first soundtrack (like default #2) it doesn't select the right one. I think this one is partially solved, I have to test more. 

I do not reproduce the issue on webplayers or from theater app or Android device. It's only on this tv. I'll try on my google tv to see if it does the same thing. 

• Thanks 1