IPTV and Live TV

Roy sloane

Roy sloane

Hi I am new to emby but looking at purchasing a lifetime pass. The only problem is I havent a clue of how to add my IPTV to Emby, I'm not really computer friendly but undestand the basics. I was hoping someone maybe able to guide me through it

pwhodges

On the Plugins section of the settings menu on the dashboard, check that the IPTV plugin is installed (I can't recall if it's there by default - if not, go to the Catalog tab and install it).  

There should now be an IPTV entry in the settings menu.  Go to it, and press the [+add] button.  This brings up a small form where you can put the URL of your IPTV.

Paul

them8os235
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi. I think you likely want to use the Live TV M3U tuner feature rather than the IPTV plug-in.

How to add and configure an M3U Tuner

Just an FYI, if you haven't clicked it lately... The URL in this paragraph needs to be updated/altered: "See examples of m3u files at http://xmtvplayer.com/build-m3u-file (skip down to the HTTP Live Streaming & ignore the top section)".  It is now a "buy this domain"-like dead link.  Actually, I just noticed in the fine print that that's what it is: "This webpage was generated by the domain owner using Sedo Domain Parking."

3 minutes ago, them8os235 said:

Just an FYI, if you haven't clicked it lately... The URL in this paragraph needs to be updated/altered: "See examples of m3u files at http://xmtvplayer.com/build-m3u-file (skip down to the HTTP Live Streaming & ignore the top section)".  It is now a "buy this domain"-like dead link.  Actually, I just noticed in the fine print that that's what it is: "This webpage was generated by the domain owner using Sedo Domain Parking."

@Carlo

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 3:47 PM, them8os235 said:

I tried to get clarification via PM, as I don't see this issue.

pwhodges

My first search showed the domain name xmtvplayer.com expired on 17 June 2023.

But a different search showed it created as a new domain on 4 Sept 2023 with different nameservers.

I guess it closed, and a parked domain has been created, as indicated above.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

On 11/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, pwhodges said:

On the Plugins section of the settings menu on the dashboard, check that the IPTV plugin is installed (I can't recall if it's there by default - if not, go to the Catalog tab and install it).  

There should now be an IPTV entry in the settings menu.  Go to it, and press the [+add] button.  This brings up a small form where you can put the URL of your IPTV.

Paul

IPTV plugin ? why would anyone need that ? That plugin should be deleted.

Roy sloane

Thanks everyone for their help so far it is really appreciated. 

I have manged to get mu IPTV films and series onto the platform however, I was wondering if live TV was possible, like BBC, ITV etc? 

pwhodges
On 03/12/2023 at 02:00, Woken said:

IPTV plugin ? why would anyone need that ? That plugin should be deleted.

It was the wrong suggestion in this case - but I am using the plugin to accept a video feed from a webcam, for which it is just right.

Paul

7 hours ago, Roy sloane said:

Thanks everyone for their help so far it is really appreciated. 

I have manged to get mu IPTV films and series onto the platform however, I was wondering if live TV was possible, like BBC, ITV etc? 

HI, yes, via the Live TV M3U tuner feature:

Live TV Setup

Roy sloane

Thanks but it's all foreign to me, is there a simple guide of how to add live TV channels BBC1, BBC2 etc? do I need to buy something to be able to do this? 

9 hours ago, Roy sloane said:

Thanks but it's all foreign to me, is there a simple guide of how to add live TV channels BBC1, BBC2 etc? do I need to buy something to be able to do this? 

You need to find an iptv source that provides an m3u. Once you have that, then you can import it into emby server by following:

Live TV Setup

3 minutes ago, Roy sloane said:

Thanks that’s what I did but I only seem to be getting movies from my iptv provider not the live tv 

Right OK but that's a question for your provider, not Emby.

• Agree 1

Roy sloane

Yes he’s saying if it’s not showing then Emby doesn’t support it. Do you know of any m3u files that would? Happy to pay 

1 hour ago, Roy sloane said:

Yes he’s saying if it’s not showing then Emby doesn’t support it. Do you know of any m3u files that would? Happy to pay 

Hi, I'm not sure. We don't provide the content, only the user interface to browse and play it. @Spaceboymay have some tips.

23 hours ago, Roy sloane said:

Happy to pay? for what? emby supports all m3u files hls etc. What do you use for live tv?