Issues with Google Pixel 7A

rwhite1961

rwhite1961

I just purchased a Google Pixel 7A a few weeks ago and for whatever reason I cannot get it to connect to my server using mobile data. It will connect on WiFi when I am in the house. All other Android phones in my family can connect to the server when on the internet and on mobile data. Non of them are Google phones.

I am wondering if there is an issue with the phone since all other phones can connect wifi or mobile data. 

Any help would be appreciated.

rwhite1961

With no internet when i start the Emby app it spins for about 15 seconds then shows "Select Server". There are 4 prompts to choose from. One of the buttons does show my computer (GATEWAY) where the Emby server is located and shows the correct IP address and port 8096 (http://192.168.1.128:8096). The other 3 prompts available to choose from are: Add Server, Sign in with Emby Connect & Downloads.

I can't sign in with Emby Connect because I do not remember what email address I used to create the server on my pc with.

When I select "Gateway" (this is my pc with the emby server) it again takes a moment but then get this error: Unable to Reach GATEWAY. We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.

I can't sign in with Emby Connect because I do not remember what email address I used to create the server on my pc with.

Hi, what do you mean by email used to create the server? There is no email address attached to the server.

When I select "Gateway" (this is my pc with the emby server) it again takes a moment but then get this error: Unable to Reach GATEWAY. We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.

Are you sure your Emby Server is running? Are you able to use the emby server web interface?

rwhite1961

The server is running fine and I am able to use the emby server interface. All my other android phones connect just fine both on the home internet and away from home using mobile data. My new Google Pixel 7A is the only one having a problem connecting but only when using mobile data.

• 4 weeks later...
rwhite1961

Sorry Luke. I have been sick for quite some time now. To answer your last question, no there is no VPN. The question still remains is why my wife and my childrens android phones can connect when we are away from home to the server with no issues but my new google pixel 7a cannot. I am starting to wonder if there is something in the phone setup. Boggles my mind.

30 minutes ago, rwhite1961 said:

Sorry Luke. I have been sick for quite some time now. To answer your last question, no there is no VPN. The question still remains is why my wife and my childrens android phones can connect when we are away from home to the server with no issues but my new google pixel 7a cannot. I am starting to wonder if there is something in the phone setup. Boggles my mind.

@rwhite1961

HI, can you please try sideloading the latest build:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Then can you obtain an android app log by following the instructions here:

Thanks.