EmbyTray i.e. EmbyTray.exe does not work lately, recently

user5431

user5431

Emby Server 4.7.14.0 on windows 10 22h2 OS Build 19045.3570

I can not pin down when this started ( but is fairly recently , last week or 2 or 3 ? )  or what version or change causes the problem but below is the text of the error when run from the command line, and of course the tray icon does not appear but tries to and fails i.e space opens up then closes in tray  .  I should also mention it does not start up when emby server is started hence the reason I sometimes just start it manually and found the error. 

there is no mention in Emby logs .. so omitting for now

........................................................................................................................................

F:\Downloads\embyserver-win-x64-4.7.4.0\system>embytray.exe
panic: runtime error: index out of range

goroutine 20 [running]:
main.onReady()
        C:/dev/Emby.Server.NetCore.dev/src/EmbyServer/embytray/main.go:155 +0x653
github.com/getlantern/systray.Run.func2(0xc00005e120, 0x72d990)
        C:/Users/lukep/go/src/github.com/getlantern/systray/systray.go:67 +0x45
created by github.com/getlantern/systray.Run
        C:/Users/lukep/go/src/github.com/getlantern/systray/systray.go:65 +0xf7

...........................................................................................................................

I hate to say how disturbing it is to see c:/users/lukep/go/src ...etc in the error output makes me feel there is a trojan in there,

not knowing go? at all I assume it is just a traceback and part of the  error message ...

I am attaching the actual embytray.exe  and the ./traystrings/en-US.json  in case it is just my system ( I have a lot of tray icons up,  8-12 ) , not that that should matter .

test with them at own risk ...

embytray.exe en-US.json

Hi, you can't run embytray.exe from the command line. At least not without passing in the same arguments that emby server will pass to open it.