Emby Won't Play Anymore

DouglasKiss

DouglasKiss

Started with the occasional content not available.  All files are present and playable with VLC over SMB.  Over time more files became content not available until Emby became useless.  Checked permissions and chmodded all the directories.  Still nothing.  Upgraded DSM. so I could upgrade the Emby software.  Nothing. Reset All Permissions, Nothing.  Renamed library.db and started a new scan.  Waited a week at ~80%.  Manually stopped scan.  Still nothing.  Don't know where to go from here.

DouglasKiss

This is the problem there is no media showing anymore.  I can't choose a file to playback.  But they're all there and playable over SMB with VLC.

I tried the VACUUM, ANAlYZE, REINDEX sequence but I got a "Database or disk is full" message.  The disk is not full.  I then ran a sqlite3 recover to a new file. 

Then I did the VACUMM ANALYZE REINDEX,  No error this time after the Recover.  So I started a new library scan -  seemed stalled around 87% so I stopped the Media Scan and no media is showing.  Stoppped Emby ran the VACUUM, ANALYZE, REINDEX again and its saying "database or disk is full" again.

Am I screwing it up by prematurely stopping the media scan (I was under the impression you can stop a media scan whenever you want) or is the scan coming across a file or files that it doesn't like? 

Anyway I'm stuck

Edited by DouglasKiss

I tried the VACUUM, ANAlYZE, REINDEX sequence but I got a "Database or disk is full" message. 

Hi, where did you get this message?

OK that is something outside of Emby and specific to your environment.

Let's go back to the original issue. Since you're saying content isn't showing up, please run a scan of all libraries and then attach the emby server log once it completes:

Thanks.

DouglasKiss

I don't think its specific to my environment.  I ran a quick VACUUM to check the integrity of the library.db database which is part of the Emby environment.   

As I mentioned above the media scan doesn't seem to want to complete.  So I don't know that sending the logs would help.

I would like to blow it all away and try a fresh start ie. reconfig media libraries, users etc. I lost my users when I upgrades to DSM7 anyway. I already tried deleting library.db but that didn't delete all the library settings, podcasts, IPTV etc.. So what files other than library.db should I clear to try a fresh start?

DouglasKiss

I don't know when I halted the last media scan.  Probably last night sometime.  Should I upload the embyserver.log from yesterday?

13 hours ago, DouglasKiss said:

I don't know when I halted the last media scan.  Probably last night sometime.  Should I upload the embyserver.log from yesterday?

Yes please and thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DouglasKiss said:

The server is definitely busy scanning the entire time of this log file. It is not stuck, but just taking a long time. 

I noticed you enabled moviedb for episodes, please note this will cause library scans to take significantly longer than if you just used the default of tvdb only. I'm not saying you shouldn't use moviedb for episodes but it's just something to be aware of and then you can make your own decision about what is best for you.

Additionally if you enabled any of the library options to periodically refresh metadata every X number of days, then I would turn that off.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DouglasKiss said:

Turned off Moviedb.  Still lags and never finishes the media scan.  Log attached.

embyserver-63839823692.txt 12.77 MB · 0 downloads

It is busy scanning. Did you enable options in libraries to automatically refresh metadata every X number of days? if you did then I would turn that off.

DouglasKiss

Is this the setting?

After the initial import, automatically refresh metadata from the internet:

1 hour ago, DouglasKiss said:

Is this the setting?

After the initial import, automatically refresh metadata from the internet:

Yes.