live tv plays a couple seconds then loops back and plays again

joeme

im running emby server on a win10 machine. and accessing it with multiple clients over my local network. when i choose a channel, most of the time but not always it will play a few seconds

then loop back to the beginning and repeat. it will do this a few times then quit. it also happens when recording. i have posted the logs i found for when this was happening.

indont understand so im hoping so,e one can interpert and explain.

ffmpeg-remux-b87c7731-839f-4f58-8dcb-a69d981187fc_1.txt embylog.txt

• 1 month later...
bryan3301

I am having this issue as well. I have had Emby running with my IPTV service for the past several days and it worked flawlessly. Yesterday, this issue of Live TV stopping after ~20 seconds started and I am not sure why. I do not think it is my IPTV provider as when I access the stream from a laptop via the IPTV Smarters Expert application, I have no issues.

3 hours ago, bryan3301 said:

I am having this issue as well. I have had Emby running with my IPTV service for the past several days and it worked flawlessly. Yesterday, this issue of Live TV stopping after ~20 seconds started and I am not sure why. I do not think it is my IPTV provider as when I access the stream from a laptop via the IPTV Smarters Expert application, I have no issues.

@bryan3301

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

1 hour ago, bryan3301 said:

I think you need to clear up all of the access denied errors in your server log. Notice you configured one or more custom paths for various things, but it looks like you used a path that the server doesn't have write access to:

2024-01-03 22:11:19.039 Info FfmpegManager: ProcessRun 'ffmpeg -hide_banner -version' Process exited with code 0 - Succeeded
2024-01-03 22:11:19.041 Error FfmpegManager: Error updating ffmpeg validator cache
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 6.2.0-39-generic (buildd@bos03-amd64-014) (x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc-12 (Ubuntu 12.3.0-1ubuntu1~23.04) 12.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubunt
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 2
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/mnt/video/dvr1/cache/ffmpeg' is denied.

Either fix that or blank out those options to revert them to default. Then see how things compare.

bryan3301

Luke, thank you. I reverted to the default and that worked. I do find this odd, though, as Emby has created other folders and files in that directory. In addition, any VODs from my IPTV provider always worked.

What account does the transcoding run under? Looking at the permissions, the emby account should have access.

1 hour ago, bryan3301 said:

Luke, thank you. I reverted to the default and that worked. I do find this odd, though, as Emby has created other folders and files in that directory. In addition, any VODs from my IPTV provider always worked.

What account does the transcoding run under? Looking at the permissions, the emby account should have access.

For the ubuntu/debian package you can learn what is needed here: