cant connect to emby

DigitalVenom

DigitalVenom

hey , i have a strange problem , i am using synology server 923+ and i also have emby premium.

until a month ago everything works fine and without any problems, but then something went wrong with my router and i had to replace it and i replaced it to the exact same router, after the replacing of the router i cant use and open the emby not on my server and cant watch it on my tv .

i tried to connect my brother to my emby and it works fine to him in his house.  

and if turn off the wifi on my phone i also can connect to emby .  

i tried to talk to my isp and they say that everything is ok and work the same as before the router replacement, they tried to change my fixed ip to a new one and it still doesn't work, all the port are open correctly as before the router replacement, i also contacted the synology support and they checked from there side and they said that all works fine and they ask me to contact your support , i am really frustrated about this situation please help me resolve this situation

Hi, how exactly are you trying to connect to your Emby Server? What Emby app and device are you trying to use? And you're saying that you're inside your local network?

Your server machine probably has a new local network IP address, right? 

DigitalVenom

i connect my synology through cable to my router, i trying to connect to emby through browser and through the app in synology, i am trying to use the emby through the my phone and streamer, and i used it in my local network idk if the local ip change

On 11/15/2023 at 1:28 AM, Luke said:

Hi, how exactly are you trying to connect to your Emby Server? What Emby app and device are you trying to use? And you're saying that you're inside your local network?

Your server machine probably has a new local network IP address, right? 

On 11/19/2023 at 11:51 AM, DigitalVenom said:

UP

Hi, do you know the local LAN ip address of your server machine? What is it? Try doing a manual connection using an Emby app and entering that server address manually. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.