Multiple guide images for live tv

jordan.bestry

jordan.bestry

I have guide data from EPG123, and it downloads a range of different sizes.

Just wondering if it would be possible to use the extra image sizes for a ,'banner' when viewing the program prior to play/record?

As it is atm, the guide looks great in the 'programs' tab and the EPG tab while using the 2x3 images, but when vewing a shows full description, the 2x3 image has big black borders. If there is a more suitable size available, eg 16x9, could this be used instead?

Thanks

hi there, how does it look in the Emby web app?

Can you show an example of the xml that epg123 produces? Thanks.

jordan.bestry

It looks good in the web app and iOS.

On iOS it seems to use the 2x3 for the guide/program image and one of the other image formats for the ‘backdrop’.

I can provide an example of the xml file I use next time I’m home, aswell as a photo of the ‘backdrop’ on the Apple TV guide.

I’ve attached some examples of how it looks in the iOS app - using the different photos supplied in my guide data.

Thanks

IMG_2295.png

IMG_2294.png

IMG_2293.png

IMG_2292.png

Edited by jordan.bestry

jordan.bestry
 <programme channel="9" start="20231116110000 +0000" stop="20231116120000 +0000">
          <title lang="">2023 ICC Men&#39;s Cricket World Cup</title>
          <sub-title lang="">South Africa vs Australia</sub-title>
          <desc lang="">First ball at 7:30PM AEDT.</desc>
          <category lang="">Sports</category>
          <category lang="">Cricket</category>
          <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP04874049.0056</episode-num>
          <episode-num system="original-air-date">2023-11-16 19:00:13</episode-num>
          <icon height="720" src="http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34400/images/c46f99ffb18423061d8c91c84d1619ef.jpg" width="480"></icon>
          <icon height="720" src="http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34400images/1468a7a5165db29f7abbb6a6c28edb20.jpg" width="540"></icon>
          <icon height="540" src="http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34400/images/47907fa350c79f73782bb9ac63cefb76.jpg" width="720"></icon>
          <icon height="540" src="http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34400/images/2fad4546a1b1b91de7c11def2f94664d.jpg" width="960"></icon>
          <credits></credits>
          <language>en</language>
          <video>
              <quality>HDTV</quality>
          </video>
          <date>20231116</date>
          <new></new>
          <live></live>
      </programme>

That’s an example of the guide data for one program.

And I’ve attached a couple photos of how it appears on the Apple TV app. 

I feel like the last image (540x960) would look a lot better on the show description screen if it was set to zoom/fill the top area. :)

IMG_2297.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

Edited by jordan.bestry

Yea it's tricky because if we zoomed that one then you might see the words cut off as a result. We'll have to look at what improvements are possible. Thanks.

jordan.bestry

Yep no worries, understand where yoire coming from.

No idea how much of a change it would be but one idea could be to keep the 2x3 next to the title and have one of the larger images zoomed and dimmed/blurred?

Soemthing similar to this? But with the Guide info instead of the cast obviously.

Thanks for looking into it anyway!

IMG_2306.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
jordan.bestry

Hey @Luke,

Love the new look of the EPG for the Apple TV, looks a lot more polished and in line with the iOS app.

Just also wanted to check in to see if you’d had a think about implementing alternative guide images when suitable? I got the impression you werent sure whether it was something you would implement is all.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Alternate images are certainly possible for future updates. Thanks.

• Thanks 1