Migration from 1 NAS to another NAS from OS3 to OS5 help needed

DarkStar1977
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DarkStar1977

Hi, due a hardware failure and a software problem from WD on my PR4100 I'm forced to move everything from one NAS to another NAS.

In fact, one disk crashed and the OS is not capable to recognize the new HDD and Rebuild the Raid5 and WD support recommended restoring factory default and upgrade to OS5, said that I have another PR4100 that I've been using as backup of my media but this one is already running OS5.

To sumarize:

NAS1 is ORIGIN, where I have EMBY installed and it's running OS3 from WD

NAS2 is DESTINATION where I'm copyiing an exact folder structure that in NAS1 and copyiing there all Media, but this has OS5 from WD

On NAS1 where Emby is installed now, I have the plugin Backup & Restore that is running and has a backup of EMBY Server Data (I Assume, never restored it)

So my question is:

What's the best procedure to install EMBY on NAS2 and to restore the backup to not have to rebuild all the database again from 0 with all the customitzations I have ?

Please consider that NAS2 has a different IP than NAS1 and I'm not sure if this can influence.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot !

DarkStar1977

I assume the best option will be to upgrade NAS1 to WD OS5 and update Emby to OS5 version (any idea if it's possible and working ¿?¿?)

After that I assume I can fresh install Emby on NAS2 and copy emby folder from NAS1 to NAS2 and restore the backup from NAS1 ¿?

Thoughts, ideas ?

Thanks

Edited by DarkStar1977

• Solution

What's the best procedure to install EMBY on NAS2 and to restore the backup to not have to rebuild all the database again from 0 with all the customitzations I have ?

Hi there, please take a look at our backup guide and let us know if this helps:

Configuration Backup

I assume the best option will be to upgrade NAS1 to WD OS5 and update Emby to OS5 version (any idea if it's possible and working ¿?¿?)

After that I assume I can fresh install Emby on NAS2 and copy emby folder from NAS1 to NAS2 and restore the backup from NAS1 ¿?

Yes it sounds like this should work.

DarkStar1977
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please take a look at our backup guide and let us know if this helps:

Configuration Backup

Yes it sounds like this should work.

Hi @LukeCan u detail where the database and the metadata are stored on the emby application folder for WD ?

Just to be sure I'm copyiing al relevant folder into the new system.

Thanks for all your support.

DarkStar1977

@Lukethanks, worked perfectly, in case someone needs to do this:

1 - NAS1 with OS3 updated to OS5

2- Emby reinstalled with OS5 version on top of OS3 version

3- Copy Emby Server Data folder and embyserver app folder to NAS2 (of course with all media data in NAS2 before doing it)

4 - Reboot the Server

Done.

• Thanks 1