Open Subtitles API Change

rsvg

I just received an email from Open subtitles. 

Exciting news! OpenSubtitles.org is undergoing a transformation, retiring the original API by the end of 2023. Fear not, as this paves the way for the advanced OpenSubtitles.com REST API. We also understand, in some scenarios there is no way to use new API yet, so original API will be available from New Year only for VIP Users.

Wondering what this means for Emby? I''m not a VIP member so apparently the API will stop working for me on Jan 1, didn't know if anyone else knew about this or has planned for it in regards to emby integration. Thanks

• Agree 3

HI, we've just completed the work to move to the new open subtitles api but haven't started rolling it out to users just yet, so stay tuned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
calebcabob

So apparently it's been rolled out because all my subtitles stopped working. Do we need a paid subscription now?! 😞

10 minutes ago, calebcabob said:

So apparently it's been rolled out because all my subtitles stopped working. Do we need a paid subscription now?! 😞

Well it's a little surprising that they'd do it new years, given that this will force some developers to scramble. If you need immediate relief then you'll need to run the 4.8 beta server and see here:

Or you can wait. We'll get a 4.7 compatible plugin update out soon and put an announcement out about it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Trevor68
On 01/01/2024 at 17:00, Luke said:

Well it's a little surprising that they'd do it new years, given that this will force some developers to scramble. If you need immediate relief then you'll need to run the 4.8 beta server and see here:

Or you can wait. We'll get a 4.7 compatible plugin update out soon and put an announcement out about it.

How would it be surprising??? the first post warned you of this, and the date, back in November 🤨