Playback issue - slow, jerky playback on Shield TV & Humax Aura

F1nchy

Hi guys

I'm just reporting back with a playback issue when we went to watch a movie last night, 2009 romcom The Proposal. When we started to play, the playback was all slow and jerky and unwatchable. I tried first on my Humax Aura, and then rebooted the box, but whilst I was rebooting the Humax I also tried it on my Shield TV, as I was wondering if it was a hardware issue on the Aura, but the Shield had exactly the same issue and couldn't play it smoothly either.

I then played it in Plex (on the Humax Aura) and it was completely fine throughout, we had to watch it in Plex instead of Emby, which we usually use. 

I have had this a few times in the last few months but I can't recall what the other files were, but thought I should report it in case it helps resolve an issue. 

The movie was an mp4 container with HEVC video and AAC LC audio, I've uploaded a screenshot of the media details from MediaInfo tool. 

Any ideas why it might have caused an issue? Any other info you might need? 

Thanks

proposal capture.JPG

Hi Luke

I cut it down to the first two minutes (just remuxed, no encoding) and uploaded it to Dropbox;
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ag1ty8q5p8m3dkt35gqzk/The-Proposal-2009-1080-x265-2-min-clip.mp4?rlkey=jq8mukgofonrh33yyki4dilyn&dl=0

I checked the clip on the Humax before uploading and it still does the same. 

I'll do the logs later when I get the chance. Thanks

Hmmm, interesting. 

So I started to run the video again to recreate the logs (it was still slow and jerky playback), but checked and saw there was a new beta version of server and client. I installed the updated server (to 4.8.0.59 beta), then went to install the Emby Android beta v3.3.44 on the Humax aura (I had 3.3.42 on it), but it won't install. I uninstalled the existing 3.3.42 and tried again, but it still wouldn't install. 

I then put the USB stick in my Shield TV and it installed straight away, no probs. When I played The Proposal it played back fine now on the Shield, unlike it had done at the weekend. Strange!

So now I need to reinstall Emby on the Humax Aura - any ideas why the latest beta won't complete the installation (the USB and file are clearly fine as it then installed on the Shield). 

I also tried installing beta v3.3.44 on my Sony Bravia but that wouldn't install the update either (also currently on 3.3.42).

Also, I installed the emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk on the Shield (that's what I usually use on the Humax with no issues). For Shield, should I be using this version? Or should I use the emby-android-google-arm64-v8a-release.apk version? 

It's the original 2015 model Shield, not the pro with the hard drive, the standard but with 3GB RAM and 16GB storage. 

I've uploaded the server log, but once I can get the latest beta working on the Humax I can test it again.

Thanks!

embyserver.txt

Edited by F1nchy

I've tried playing the Proposal back on the Humax but it still has the same slow, jerky problem. I took a quick video of the opening 30 seconds just to show what I mean, the logs I uploaded yesterday from when I ran it before. I had previously left it running for a good 20 mins and it was consistently like this. 
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8utghm3qfn38732kbrdv0/2023-11-17-16.33.56.mp4?rlkey=h4itvmdnwg92l9wm504jmrx9a&dl=0

• 1 month later...