Lots of Playback Errors

Ahole

So my setup is Emby on my SYnology NAS

Sonarr and Radarr running in Container Manager on the NAS

Lately I have had a lot of situations where movies downloaded with Radarr won’t play on Emby — the usual error is “to many errors” on my Nvidia Shield , but the file often wont play on my iphone either.  The fix for these files has been to re download them OR to re-encode with a multiplexer.

Does anyone routinely run any library optimizer (like the UnManiac project or something similar) that is capable of automatically fixing the files so I don’t have to get the wife “eye roll” when the file won’t play?

Hey thanks for the reply -- I can try to send examples (I have had 3 in one week) --- but after looking at some otehr threads I pretty much figured it was not an Emby issue , but more the file issue.   I had one that I correted by just running the file through the MKVToolNx that one of you recommended in another thread.   The other one , I just re-downloaded from another source.   The one I fixed with MKVToolNx actually was playable before fixing with VLC Player, but not Emby.
To help Emby people I will try to find examples

But for me , since it keeps happening --- I'm more interested in some sort of automated post download processing so it's just not an issue in the future, because I love my current setup with Sonarr and Radarr and Emby.

Edited by Ahole

5 hours ago, Luke said:

OK thanks for the update.

@LukeI have found a new mkv file (Extraction 2) that creates the same errors that I have mentioned -- does so on web player, MacOS app, iOS app, and the android app on Shield.  Plays fine with VLC.
I am including links to a folder with the logs and a link to the media as well in case that would help

Logs

https://gofile.me/74OCD/FCqPtnukn

Media

https://gofile.me/74OCD/9H8bsmmqw

@LukeSo weird thing -- I just updated from .58 to the .60 beta version of Emby and after installing and restarting the 2 files that I knew I was having the playback errors with -- played fine
Weird

• Thanks 1