Internet quality 2 Mbps

kris2384

kris2384

When I go to settings and select Internet quality, max available is 2Mbps. I have a 1,000Mbps connection. The lower limit is forcing transcoding when I try play atmos files. How do I get an option for a higher speed?

rbjtech
On 12/11/2023 at 22:04, kris2384 said:

When I go to settings and select Internet quality, max available is 2Mbps. I have a 1,000Mbps connection. The lower limit is forcing transcoding when I try play atmos files. How do I get an option for a higher speed?

Is this your server or somebody elses ?    

warrentc3

This is happening on LG TVs from client version 1.0.35 to 1.0.39. 

WebOS 5 & 6. 

Against emby server 4.8.x. 

The internet stream limit is capped at 2mbps in settings. 

unisoft

I don't know if this is your case, but I found when playing SD media and going into that option, it presented lower values. If I was viewing HD it was fine and showed the higher values.

Also worth checking if you have set a maximum mbps value for streaming under user options on the server side and check your settings xml file on server hasn't got a global mbps value set for all streaming users. I had set that once when upstream was only 52mbps and initially when it got increased to 110mbps, wondered why capping was happening. 

warrentc3

the pic was taken from opening the playback settings in app on the tv, not whilst playing any media.  

the server speed limit is set to 25mbps and there is no user speed limit defined. 

warrentc3

I wish i had an LG on hand to see for myself. I’m guessing the distinction between audio and video in the UI under playback settings isn’t intuitive to the average user. 

21 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

I wish i had an LG on hand to see for myself. I’m guessing the distinction between audio and video in the UI under playback settings isn’t intuitive to the average user. 

I think that's probably it. We'll look at improving it. Thanks.

warrentc3
2 hours ago, Luke said:

I think that's probably it. We'll look at improving it. Thanks.

thanks Luke… will be chatting with the user later tonight so i’ll see if he can get some more images of the experience. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, can you please try Emby for LG 1.0.41 and see how things compare? Thanks !