Playback Error No compatible streams are currently available.

alumraugh

alumraugh

Any help at all?...No matter what I try it when I press play on any channel it just throws that error message. Same setup with jellyfin works... Anyone who can understand the log files can provide any further help?

Curious what client you are using.  I've had this error repeatedly a web browser.  My environment is Linux Mint and the latest Firefox browser. On the same machine, if I use the Linux Emby Theater client, live TV playback works just fine.

alumraugh
33 minutes ago, richt said:

Curious what client you are using.  I've had this error repeatedly a web browser.  My environment is Linux Mint and the latest Firefox browser. On the same machine, if I use the Linux Emby Theater client, live TV playback works just fine.

Using chrome but when I use emby theatre it just spins and never plays

7 hours ago, alumraugh said:

Using chrome but when I use emby theatre it just spins and never plays

HI, are you saying it plays in Chrome?

alumraugh
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, are you saying it plays in Chrome?

No I'm saying I see that error when I use chrome. But I tried emby theatre and it doesn't show the error it just spins and never plays.

OK the problem is they are not packaging emby server using our custom ffmpeg build. Normally that's OK if they stick to the same version number of ffmpeg that we're using, but in this case, they've moved up to ffmpeg 6 already and that's the reason for the issue.

alumraugh
1 hour ago, Luke said:

OK the problem is they are not packaging emby server using our custom ffmpeg build. Normally that's OK if they stick to the same version number of ffmpeg that we're using, but in this case, they've moved up to ffmpeg 6 already and that's the reason for the issue.

Noted. What version of ffmpeg is emby using currently? Strangely I can transcode just fine using ffmpeg for movies and shows it's only live TV that has the problem.

pwhodges

Emby's version of ffmpeg is custom; it also includes important changes from v6, but not everything.

Paul

2 hours ago, alumraugh said:

Noted. What version of ffmpeg is emby using currently? Strangely I can transcode just fine using ffmpeg for movies and shows it's only live TV that has the problem.

5.1, but it's custom. It has changes of our own and it also has some of what's in 6.0.

alumraugh
On 22/11/2023 at 18:52, Luke said:

5.1, but it's custom. It has changes of our own and it also has some of what's in 6.0.

How do I download this custom ffmpeg version on my build?

5 hours ago, alumraugh said:

How do I download this custom ffmpeg version on my build?

It's not something you can insert separately. It has to be built specifically for the target platform, and that has to happen by the people who are packaging Emby Server for whatbox. We have mentioned this to them before, but they weren't interested and instead wanted to just have it use the ffmpeg build on your system.

Maybe if some users can also request this, it will help convince them. If they were to reach out to us, we'd provide them with the info that they need.

• 3 months later...
CrappyUserName
I know this isn't directly related to the OP but figured I would put it here as this thread comes up on a google.

I just started playing around with Live TV (awesome by the way) and was getting incompatible streams through the web (firefox) and LG api's even though the streams worked fine through VLC.

I had all transcoding settings disabled for the current user. To fix the problem I just had to enable -
Allow changing of container formats, if necessary, during media playback.

I still have allow audio transcoding and allow video transcoding disabled. Just changing the container solves this particular issue.
  • Thanks 1